Integra Help PLEASE

ShakaNish

Hey I'm new to car an am only 16. I want to buy an integra off of craiglists. I really like the second generation. However the car I want has an Lsr block with a Gsr head. First of all what does that mean for the power. And if i wanted to put a turbo on it would it be okay? is there a Carb approved turbo for the second generation?

Amiguel6

There is no such thing as an LSr...there is only an LS. No...there is not one turbo in the world that is CARB approved and street legal. LS block and GSR head is pretty good

94RS

No fucks given.
There is no such thing as an LSr...there is only an LS. No...there is not one turbo in the world that is CARB approved and street legal. LS block and GSR head is pretty good
Not true. GReddy makes a carb legal turbo kit, but I think they're the only one that is.

http://www.greddy.com/contact/

GReddy maintains a full line of CARB exempt 50-state legal performance products in addition to the race only products designed and intended for off-highway use. Our street exhaust systems have been designed and tested to give you the maximum amount of performance and meet the SAE sound test of no more than 95dBA. Whether you are just looking for a little better performance from your street machine, or are going for all-out race performance, the only name you need to know is GReddy.

818DA90

Banned
Doing that kind of work on a car isn't as simple as you think it is. I remember I wanted to do that when I was 16. If you have the money, go ahead, learn how to do it, and do it, if you don't have a lot of money, don't do it.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Hey I'm new to car an am only 16. I want to buy an integra off of craiglists. I really like the second generation. However the car I want has an Lsr block with a Gsr head. First of all what does that mean for the power. And if i wanted to put a turbo on it would it be okay? is there a Carb approved turbo for the second generation?
I would be vary careful when buying a car with an Ls/Vtec build. Many of the Ls/Vtec builds are not done correctly or with the correct parts causing massive engine failure a few months after the engine is running.

I suggest not buying this car and wait for an old lady'ed 2nd gen to pop up.

d@_b3st

wouldn't buy it myself, I'd rather build it myself than getting surprises(not the good kind) and headaches later on, I say don't do it

DA9teg1

honestly bro i wouldnt buy it i bought mine with a blown turbo and the guy just put the stock exhaust back on and ive hit so many problems with it its not even worth the 800 that i bought it for. but then again i just wanted a car to work on. so it really depends on if you got the money to and the will power to get it running. but i wish i saved my money and bought a better car.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
Not true. GReddy makes a carb legal turbo kit, but I think they're the only one that is.

http://www.greddy.com/contact/
this is correct, but.... good luck finding one. the Greddy turbo kit for the DA has been discontinued for YEARS..

OP, boosting a DA integra is an expensive endeavor, and not something I would recommend to someone your age...

When you have an LS block with a GSR head, it is what is referred to as an LS/VTEC. Google it.

LS/V motors are HIGHLY favorable IF they are built right... if they are a slap together home made LS/V it could be a VERY problematic motor for you.

FOr your first car I would look for something that is not heavily modded & runs good. Being 16 you have alot ot learn about driving before I wuld recommend dumping a buncha $$$ into a modded teg.

just my .02