Integra Help

Systematikz

I recently posted my ride yesterday in the "Members Rides" forum. I've browsed like crazy on this site looking for an answer put I haven't found one. Here's the situation: I had lost the keys and didn't have a extra set. My car sat out for 3 weeks without turning on. I eventually found them. Fast forward to last week, I was driving down the road and the engine light came on for a few seconds, the oil lamp came on 3 seconds later, and finally the battery light came on. The car started jerking so I pulled over to the side. It finally turned off. The only way I got it started was with a battery jumper. Last week, I was driving on the freeway and the rpm went from 3,000 up to 5,000 and then down to 1,500 (I went from 65 mph to about 10 mph in a second). The car doesn't have any power going up a hill and the pedals are very stiff. I've fully charged the battery and tightened the alternator belt. I've already ruled out the battery and alternator. The important lights all work properly. I turned on the car yesterday and noticed that my gear box lights aren't working. I'm assuming it's a sensor now but I don't know where to start. I'm at wits end. Any help, comments, suggestions, messages, private messages or anything that can help is definitely needed. This is the only car I have. Sorry for the long explanation but most newbies aren't as descriptive.

First, it's not your "wits end", the turn of phrase is actually "wicks end" referring to when people used oil lamps and candles for light. Just a little FYI.

Second, are you showing any codes?

Systematikz

Thanks for the FYI. Codes? I haven't taken it in to a mechanic yet because I figured it was something that was minor. I honestly have no idea what to do with my car.

sonsintegra

Go to Autozone and have them check for any codes. It's free there.

Systematikz

UPDATE

My car died out again yesterday but this time it wouldn't turn on even with a fully charged battery jumper. After about 40 minutes of trying it finally started. Could it be the fuel pump? A bad sensor? A coil overheating? Bad distributor? I'm seriously losing it here guys. I'm going out of my mind frustrated without answers.

Systematikz

the car won't even literally make it down the block though. the diagnostic kit alone costs $250 at auto zone and they don't do refunds or exchanges.

UPDATE

My car died out again yesterday but this time it wouldn't turn on even with a fully charged battery jumper. After about 40 minutes of trying it finally started. Could it be the fuel pump? A bad sensor? A coil overheating? Bad distributor? I'm seriously losing it here guys. I'm going out of my mind frustrated without answers.
TAKE THE CAR TO AUTO ZONE FOR A CODE CHECK!!!!! Jesus. Sounds like mass air flow sensor to me though. Or gummed up injectors.

Last edited:
What mass air flow meter?
I'll correct myself lol, that was just my own term. Tegs actually don't have an actual "mass air.". But one of the following...Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor, Pressure Air sensor, Intake Air Temperature sensor, and Throttle Angle sensor. All air used to estimate air flow.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
First, it's not your "wits end", the turn of phrase is actually "wicks end" referring to when people used oil lamps and candles for light. Just a little FYI.

Second, are you showing any codes?
i did not know that :shock:i always thought the same thing :???: are you sure your alternator is charging? 14 volts