Integra Modification 101- A beginners guide to modifying a B-Series engine.

hksb18

GM TECH
just an addition here....CATS are non restrictive the are designed that way on purpose... upgrading to a "high flow cat" wouldnt be worth the effort for the numbers gained IMO...

k624ash

hksb18 said:
just an addition here....CATS are non restrictive the are designed that way on purpose... upgrading to a "high flow cat" wouldnt be worth the effort for the numbers gained IMO...
yea, but if you have a 3" exhaust and then the stock cat, upgrading the cat the fit the size of the exhaust is important

Sirfallsalot243

hksb18 said:
I guess you've never tried it then. :roll:

Sammich

JDMxDB8 said:
I'm planning to go a Spoon clutch and flywheel.
what's the pricing on the clutch and flywheel, just curious

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Lol! It's all good. I'm no baller, I just save money.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Sirfallsalot243 said:
INTAKES

Also, the comptech icebox utilizes an oiled filter, which in my opinion, does not flow as well as a dry filter.
All of K&N's filters require that you oil them. The only dry filters I know of are OEM/generic paper filters, which flow horribley compared to the Comptech filter or any K&N.

Sirfallsalot243 said:
CATALYTIC CONVERTERS AND TEST PIPES
Both Magnaflow and Carsound make aftermarket high flow cats of different sizes to maximize exhaust flow while staying legal.
Magnaflow and Carsound aern't different companies, Magnaflow makes Carsound cats.

Good write up on general info though.:)

Last edited:

Sirfallsalot243

TegSox said:
All of K&N's filters require that you oil them. The only dry filters I know of are OEM/generic paper filters, which flow horribley compared to the Comptech filter or any K&N.

Magnaflow and Carsound aern't different companies, Magnaflow makes Carsound cats.

Good write up on general info though.:)
AEM's filters are not supposed to be oiled.

Youre right about the cats, i didnt know that when I wrote it. Ill just leave it for simplicites sake.