Integra motor build help

deeceetwofreak

Hey CI! Here hopefully by the end of the summer, I'm hoping to do some things to give my car some go fast. I have a '95 GSR. I want to do cams, valve springs, injectors, hondata, and tune. I am planning on going with skunk2 pro 1 cams, skunk2 valve springs, and not too sure on injectors yet. I don't want to go with DSM injectors because I'm a brand name whore lol. Is there anything else I need? Ideas on injectors? And also if I get tuned on e85, will anything else need to be done? Let me know!

drevans_satx

Dylan
You need higher compression to support pro 1 cams.

93 octane will be fine if all you intend on doing is cams and higher comp.

Acura rdx injectors are nice.

Run valve springs/retainers that are recommended for your cams

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

deeceetwofreak

How would I go about getting higher compression? I was reading they are pretty much close to the itr cams, and where I live I only have 91 octane :|

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Pick up some buddy club 3s they will be better for what you want.

deeceetwofreak

You forgot to include cam gears. I assume intake and exhaust has been taken care of?
Right now, no. I just want to see what all I'll need to do to be able to put cams, injectors, valve springs, AND cam gears in or whatever else. Intake and exhaust are ganna be taken car of in june :D

drevans_satx

Dylan
Running stock comp?

Stock 00-01 itr cams. Adjustable cam gears is really nice no matter what. Yes you can use the gsr IM still. There's actually a few threads on this. But I'm on my phone and too lazy to find them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Pro1 cams are too much cam with a stock exhaust (and intake) manifold. Overlap doesnt like backpressure. Actually your entire exhaust system doesnt flow enough to run the Pro1. You probably should run the ITR or Tuner1 cams. You cant run a big cam without supporting parts. Skunk2 recommends you degree the Pro1s where as the Tuner1 are designed to be a drop in cam.

Nick_C78

You have a lot of research to do before you start buying stuff for your "summer build". Wanting to just throw in cams before anything else is a pretty stupid goal honestly. Cams are very picky and require proper supporting mods in order for them to work how they were designed. Research, research and when you are done researching, research some more. Then come back and ask for advice to narrow down what you have planned. Then purchase.

Oh and your e85 question is silly. Are you really asking if you can just fill your tank up with e85 and go to the tuner? It requires more than just an injector upgrade... Maybe Muckman can go in to detail about the e85, since I believe he still runs it. I just personally don't feel like answering that particular question because it shows a complete lack of research on your part, as most of this thread does..

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Its fine if you dont have it set up now but you will want to include it in your entire package when you drop it all in for tuning. Above posts cover pretty much everything. The rest you can dig up related info based on whats already been said.

deeceetwofreak

I know I can't just fill up with e85 and be on my way. I don't plan to just throw cams in. It'll be cams, cam gears, valve springs, injectors, possibly pistons(depending what cams), hondata, and then tune. Before all this full header/exhaust and intake mani. will be taken care of before hand.