integra really loud inside

wrecks666

i have a 91 integra and its loud as fuck inside the car. i don't know if i should replace the muffler because i went to a muffler shop and they told me that the reason is so loud is because i have a magna flow. if i want my car to be silent should i go back to a stock muffler/

Local

if you want silent then OEM is your best bet. I love the stock DA exhaust personally.. i ran no cat w/ all stock set up on my 93 & it produced a beautiful tone. I believe mine may have been 2.5 piping actually, bottlenecking into the oem resonator & muffler.. bought it that way & never changed it. Definitely not the most performance oriented set up- but the sound was unmatched. It wasnt a pretty set up by any means, but crossover made heads turn :) lots of fun. Both quiet in the cabin while cruising, not drawing any attention.. then throaty + mean after vtec.

tl;dr stick with stock if you want quiet. you can mod it a little to mess with sound, but if you want performance go with something else.

Prozon

Kris
if you want silent then OEM is your best bet. I love the stock DA exhaust personally.. i ran no cat w/ all stock set up on my 93 & it produced a beautiful tone. I believe mine may have been 2.5 piping actually, bottlenecking into the oem resonator & muffler..
My car was had a straight pipe (catalytic converter was removed) to a stock muffler when I bought it. Loud as fuck and raspy as hell. Riceburner at it's finest.

I hear the Tanabe exhaust is good.