Interesting idea but want opinions

Deff Baztard

Maybe so..I'm usually told I have more dreams than time...but that's what keeps me going. It's how I got here in the first place...I almost done what you could basically do to a bike except the shit they show on that detroit brothers show...if I had the tools and the group of people then I;d be hitting it!!
But.....I'm on my own and got a second car...now I figured its another toy that I can tink around with...It's gears, bolts, electros. and freakin plumbing and venting...if done right and properly secure...it can be done. Just need the information...
I have done descent amount of research, I mean I read about people switching out gears with an older model or similar models for quicker speeds but lose out for top speed..
I read about people doing a head change to VTEC heads system, LS/VTEC its called? and I thought of that, but i read that it has to be done right, again still proves to be unreliable due to piston rods breaking....Sure upgrade to stronger, or shorter rods...again there been debates about losing compression...
It seems like a good idea and thats where I got into this idea of a somewhat a more Frankenstein motor/tranny to boost HP and torque...
Figured there'd be more than what I found on google..I mean this is a site for Tegs right? figured there'd be hardcore guys that might've done the same thing.
And honestly from what I heard, most just switch out parts to turbo this turbo that, skunk 2 this and AEM that....it goes on, and I mean yeah it is good products...to me, it can be done with other parts if not, then yeah I;d go to the products and carry on...
..just want to know what people done and how they done it..take their stories and create something from that...

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
There is a members ride section on here, read through all those threads if you're looking for ideas. There are a ton of nice cars on here

Deff Baztard

Yeah? alright I'll go poking thru there..
while we're here...what did you do to your teg? from your posts, I'm assuming that's your g5 teg? the engine looks nice with the golden covers and looks like you relocated your components..well the front it does...

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Thanks, click the link in my signature to see what all is done to it. There is too much to list on here lol. My Integra is a g3, they didn't make a g5 integra....

The car in his sig is a G3. There was no Gen 5 Integra.

As for your ideas to mismatch different components from other cars, there's no need. Why go through unnecessary pain in the ass just to say you have a Toyota exhaust manifold?(for example). There is so much aftermarket support for this chassis that it's just a fruitless effort. You'll waste time and probably spend more money in the long run.

Edit: Damnit Nerk, beat me to it. ;)

Deff Baztard

OOPS MY BAD, I did not realize I hit 5...I actually though it was the 4th.
Hmm, well if everyone says that its a waste of time and money, then why do you guys do it with bolt on kits? what excatly is the difference?
figured I'd save money and learn how to craft at the same time

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
OOPS MY BAD, I did not realize I hit 5...I actually though it was the 4th.
Hmm, well if everyone says that its a waste of time and money, then why do you guys do it with bolt on kits? what excatly is the difference?
figured I'd save money and learn how to craft at the same time
You should still learn your basics though, my first engine build was a chevy 350, and I was in over my head at the time. Stick to a small b series engine, have fun and work your way up the steps.

Deff Baztard

You should still learn your basics though, my first engine build was a chevy 350, and I was in over my head at the time. Stick to a small b series engine, have fun and work your way up the steps.
Wow, yeah I guess I should study the B series...
My first engine build was with my older uncle and his 57 panhead...that's when I got into the whole swamping and tinkering engine parts..like i mentioned before, I blown engines from errors and had great builds (best one was taking a stock 66 suzuki t20 engine, using parts from honda, yamaha and whatever else was kicking around at my uncle's place into a dirtbike frame with added tubes for better engine support.

Guess I got over my head thinking if i could do that to bikes, then I can do the same thing for the teg.

You can try a g23 build ...:/
wouldnt that be a ls/vtec build? I been reading more and more about it and i like how theres no turbo crap to deal with but the ONLY DOWNFALL IS its not that reliable. Sure, if you increase the power it's going to stress out the engines but from what I have read and heard was that the cam swamps either leaks or lets the cyl head crack because of the power the piston is thrusting upwards and as it spins up, it doesnt excatly move straight up like it's supposed to and the rods snap or warp and the heads warp into a oval or weird shape as the gaskets snaps.

THE GENERAL purpouse of this is to learn what i can and cannot do in terms of the b series now....and other parts that I can swamp out with...yes I kinda am obsessed with swamping parts but thats almost how I grew up, living in Alberta on the farmlands, you make what you got, and that happens to be abandoned trucks and bikes, swamping parts to make it run and it does it job in the field as well as transporting shit back and forth between the acres of land.
I just stuck it with bikes because they were smaller and easier to deal with.

Deff Baztard

All turbo kits bolt on ;) I didn't buy an off the shelf kit though, i pieced mine together

Why the hell would he want to do that, I had a G22 and it was f***ing horrible lol. I hate those damn motors!!
oh, didnt see that..i thought he was saying the ls/vtec....did not realize that it was its own engine