Intermittent misfire at startup!

00teggyls

I have a 2000 Integra LS and for the past three weeks now, it's had this random misfire when I start it and it seems to mostly do it when the engine's warm and has sat for about an hour. It'll feel terrible for the first few seconds, then run like normal. It has done it on cold starts too, but not as much. It has thrown codes for all four cylinders already but cylinder #1 seems to be affected every time. It throws a code for two to three cylinders at a time. I've replaced the spark plugs and wires with OEM ones and have also replaced the cap, rotor, and distributor (all aftermarket , not sure what brand since I had my regular shop do it). Then last night, I put it in park and started driving at about 20mph and around 1.5-2k rpms then suddenly the rpms dropped to 400-500 for a second or two, then jumped back up. The car wasn't shifting gears and I didn't let off the gas. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here? I'm so frustrated! Thanks!

00teggyls

I'll definitely check those if it does it again. So far today, it hasn't misfired or acted funny once. I've gone out several times today and started it up - started and ran fine every time. Maybe it was just a one time thing last night? I picked it up from Acura last night after they replaced the spark plugs and wires. Hmmm, I just don't know.

00teggyls

Well tonight I lifted the hood to see if I could see or hear what the misfire cause might be. I think I might have found it. There's this whistling noise that sounds like it's coming from around the intake or exhaust manifold but I can't pinpoint it. While the engine is running, you can barely hear it. After you shut the car off, it whistles for a second or two and then stops. It's only when the car is hot too. Could this be a PCV leak?

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
Go over the intake and see if all the bolts are tight. Throttle body too. It may just be the butterfly on the throttle body though. Mine whistles a little too.