Intermittent no start '96 LS

osiris19

I have a five speed 96 LS integra, and twice now I went to go start it and it wouldn't crank. I would push the clutch all the way in and turn the key and it would just click once and then nothing. Fuel pump primes, main relay ticks on, just clicks. The first time I did it, I tried starting it three times and on the third try it started fine.

Yesterday after work, it wouldn't start. Try jump starting it, nothing. Did a push start and it started up fine, got home and turned it off and fired it up again and it started fine. Went inside to change and five minutes later, came back out and it did the same thing, just clicked. Backed the key off, and tried once more, and it started fine, and I didn't have a problem with it at all after that. It started fine this morning.

I heard it could be the starter going out possibly. Any ideas? It's all stock b18b1 except for an exhaust.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yes take it out and bring it to any autozone, pepboys, advance auto and they can bench test it for free.

Ryan659

Check the contact points inside the starter before buying a new one. They wear out over time and its only about $15 to fix.

Make sure the spade connector of the starter signal wire is firmly connected.

osiris19

It was the starter. $120 later and no more start issues.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2