Intermittent taillight

osiris19

Last night I installed my 98-01 taillights and just swapped my bulbs and the plug over from my 94-97 ones, and after I did that the running light on the passenger side stopped working and when I'm driving, my turn signal will sometimes flash faster as if it stops working. Idk if it's a loose wire or whatever. I didn't have a chance to check it out last night, but one of the contacts on the plug to the bulbs is green, so I tried to scrape it off, but that didn't work. I don't think it's my trunk harness, I'm thinking it might be the taillight harness on the actual light. I'm gonna pull it out sometime when I get a chance and check for any rips or anything. Any help is much appreciated.

[EDIT]
So just went out, and the turn signal only blinks fast when the brakes are applied..

Last edited:

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Sound like you got a short somewhere. Make sure the wiring harness didn't get pinched when installing the taillights. Happened to me before and it shorted out the wiring harness.

osiris19

Sound like you got a short somewhere. Make sure the wiring harness didn't get pinched when installing the taillights. Happened to me before and it shorted out the wiring harness.
Okay, ill have to find time to check the harness. I also found out that when I brake with my right turn signal on, it flashes faster.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2