Is 300-/+HP possible

k20wagon

300 hp with a b series is a very tough goal. I think the highest I have seen is 275 I think. Honestly if you want that power go with boost it will be a lot cheaper probably.

Now if you wanna put some money into the motor and get big numbers k swap it. You can find a k24a1 longblock for 600 and probably tranni for 400 and the k24a1 is the best for boost cause it loves it. It will hold over 400 whp with stock internals and its easily reached with a turbo.

Str8Boostin

Sleeper
+1 for Turbo.

Btw, why are you so caught up in #'s?

Anyone can brag about said-amount horsepower but what good is it if the power band is crap? What good is it without proper suspension? Let's not forget driver!

A fun street toy is one thing, reaching times at the track is another.

Without knowing what your real goal is here, it's hard to give you any other advice at all aside from people telling you it's going to be tough/expensive getting 300hp N/A out of a b-series.

Prozon

Kris
Alex, why the hell do you keep mentioning his budget, I have not seen one word of his budget, so why do you assume his budget cannot afford this?

I doubt it's possible, and I question the credibility of the website you posted.

The first thing I noticed that is a little odd, they say "Normally Aspirated."
Secondly, I saw no naturally aspirated non-vtec motors. They all say either "race motor" or "turbocharged."
And if you click the "race motor" ones, you will see that the dyno sheet says they are running turbo's.

Where are you getting the idea that you can make over 300hp N/A on a non-v-tec motor? The vtec motor that made over 300hp was at 86.5mm bore, the stock bore is what, 81mm? B16 head on the B18 block. Obviously sleeved, forged internals, it has to have pretty high compression.. 114 octane, the normal premium is what, 92-93 octane?

So, I do not think you could hit 300 horsepower on a non-vtec, naturally aspirated motor. You could put all that money into making a VTEC motor hit 300hp- but you'd be paying so much for fuel and the whole build, you would be stuck using the car strictly for the track.

As for your question of why non-vtec and v-tec parts are different, well because they are different heads. -Go figure..

Last edited:

OsamaBinHidden

thank guys for answering all of my questions! :)
so where can i find a good n/a motor to build on?
jpecauto only sells like this
Acura Integra- GSR B18C.
they sell engines by the car model.

Last edited:

tork_sd89

Baywatch
my goal is 200whp all motor on 91 octane. Like most people here have told you K series is your best bet. there's a guy around here with a k20 eg hatch making 280 all motor.

Black teg

Catch me if you can
To get 300 HP staying N/A It's going to be like 20K in work to the whole engine, because your going to need to do a lot of bottom end work and a lot of top end work. So the engine will need to be fully built with all the best parts out there and that shit is not cheap at all.

It's a lot cheaper to go boost to make the power and you can make more power by adding more boost or changing to a bigger turbo. You just need to make sure you have it tuned right, other wise you can blow up your engine. But goes the same for N/A engine as well.

Prozon

Kris
Why are you so against boost? You can make more power with boost then you could with N/A and it would be more cost effective and streetable.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Alex, why the hell do you keep mentioning his budget, I have not seen one word of his budget, so why do you assume his budget cannot afford this?
Because most builds of the caliber hes talking about are well out of the budget most people have.

If youre building a car like this youre building an all out race car, shits expensive.

that and the guy doesnt even have a car, and hes posting threads up like this.

300+whp NA is a nirvana that very few can achieve on a B series, in fact, I have yet to see one even make that much on a dynojet LOL.

k20wagon

Because most builds of the caliber hes talking about are well out of the budget most people have.

If youre building a car like this youre building an all out race car, shits expensive.

that and the guy doesnt even have a car, and hes posting threads up like this.

300+whp NA is a nirvana that very few can achieve on a B series, in fact, I have yet to see one even make that much on a dynojet LOL.
This is very true and I mean you have to be a straight up baller to have a build like that.

mirrorimg

No one pointed this out, camshafts for VTEC motors will not work in NON-VTEC motors. The OP thinks he can get buddy club cams. He cannot without doing an LS/VTEC swap (which is whats going on in the JG engine dynamics site, custom VTEC Head).

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Endyn is in Ft. Worth, about 30 min from me. they do amazing work.

Last edited:

OsamaBinHidden

Forget the b series im currently looking into all motor K series from some hybrid company. I forget thier name, but thats what im intrested in now to completly build your engine from top to bottom with the meanist parts cost about $7,500, i'll do it when i get the chance.