is it safe to install a supercharger on a stock 94 integra gsr??

illmakulate

ok im new to this whole forum thing but i am sixteen years old and just got a 94 integra gsr five speed and im not thinkin of moddin it anytime soon but my question is if i buy a supercharger for it is it safe to install it right away and if not what should i do to it....

someone plz give me some advice..

97GSRVTEC

How many miles are on the motor? Good idea to check the condition of the motor's internals before going ahead with any modding like that.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
id do a complete test on the motor and drivetrain before anything.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
compression and leak is all that comes to mind.

pull off the valve cover. check the valve gaps and timing belt... etc...

db1love

def do a leak down test, there no piont in supercharging anything if your not gonna build the motor, if ur gonna spend 3 grand on a supercharger, you might aswell build it right

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Good way to get started is with a compression check, you want it to be within 10% of each other across all cylinders. Haynes manual should have specifications for the GSR for what the compression should be and you should be able to rent one at autozone. Engine should be warmed up, ecu fuse should be pulled, and throttle plate should be wide open during cranking, for about 10 seconds.

Second thing i would consider is having your head sent out to get new valve seals, pressure checked, and decked, then install a new headgasket and timing belt and water pump. These are all precautionary measures given the age of the engine.

You realistically need to make sure that theres no signs of knock, and that the rings are not worn to the point where they cant handle the boost pressure. Compression test should tell you the condition of the rings. Leak down test if needed.

sheryip

even with bad compression(leaking rings). you can still supercharge it...

who cares about the miles on the motor and just boost it with stock pulley

97GSRVTEC

even with bad compression(leaking rings). you can still supercharge it...

who cares about the miles on the motor and just boost it with stock pulley
Are you serious? :2confused

You wouldn't ever want to run any F/I on an unhealthy motor. Unless your quite numb and don't care about getting good performance and how long your motor lasts.