is it the head gasket?

BankiBoi

Changing your thermostat and radiator definitely puts air in your lines now. Do you know how to bleed it?

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

eddie p

can anybody tell me how your hose feels? maybe im just paranoid and the antifreeze smell was nothing and the radiator leaked cus it was old. maybe i never noticed the hose because the radiator cap that it originally had was bad since i got the car. today i rented the block tester tool with that liquid and it tested fine. the blue liquid never changed color.

enoch723

I dont think your being paranoid, Your radiator hose shouldnt be rock hard for any reason

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
If your hg was blown you'd be over heating, burning coolant (you should smell it in the cab), and you should see oil in the water and water in the oil.

eddie p

today i put in a new thermostat. put antifreeze and burped the system now the hose is squishy. is that normal? with the old thermostat the hose was still hard with no thermostat the hose was hard now with this new thermostat the hose is squishy maybe the radiator cap broke when i dropped it? im confused now. maybe thers a leak.

enoch723

today i put in a new thermostat. put antifreeze and burped the system now the hose is squishy. is that normal? with the old thermostat the hose was still hard with no thermostat the hose was hard now with this new thermostat the hose is squishy maybe the radiator cap broke when i dropped it? im confused now. maybe thers a leak.
Dont worry.. you want it a little squishy.. As long as you cant pinch it shut or anything. Easy way to check is to let it run for about and hour. If its not over heating or anything dont owrry about it. If its warm, pinch the hose as hard as you can with one hand and if you feel the coolent moving then dont worry about it. If the hose is hot or or you dont feel anything, then have an actual mechanic chekc it out. NOT a service mechanic