Is it true that a camber kit is not needed for lowering?

DaltonB

The Start is near!
Will I need a front and rear camber kit for a 1.75"/1.5" drop? Even after an alignment?
H&R Springs/KYB GR-2 shocks

mirrorimg

There is a big debate on this. The skinny is that any positive or negative camber at all will cause the tire to have uneven pressure across its contact patch, accelerating wear. This is not anywhere nearly as noticible as having an improper toe setting.

I don't think you need to worry about getting a camber kit.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
im only dropping 2 inches and my brother said one wont be necessary. now if you are trying to slam then you probably will need to get one.

Spody02

Name: Cody
its only like 300 bucks for a front and rear kit...

might as well get one and have proper camber

DaltonB

The Start is near!
im only dropping 2 inches and my brother said one wont be necessary. now if you are trying to slam then you probably will need to get one.
Thank you!:)

There is a big debate on this. The skinny is that any positive or negative camber at all will cause the tire to have uneven pressure across its contact patch, accelerating wear. This is not anywhere nearly as noticible as having an improper toe setting.

I don't think you need to worry about getting a camber kit.
So if I get an alignment done it shouldn't make my tires wear much faster?

you don't need one
thank you!:)
IMO, you wont need one
Thank you!:)
its only like 300 bucks for a front and rear kit...

might as well get one and have proper camber
Oh if it's ONLY 300 bucks... You got some spair camber kits for free?=D Just kidding :)

Walter_Melon

you dont need one to drop your car whether its 1.75 inches or 3.5, but you should get one anyway, since lowering the car even a small amount will probably cause your tires to camber in

Will I need a front and rear camber kit for a 1.75"/1.5" drop? Even after an alignment?
H&R Springs/KYB GR-2 shocks
I wouldn't lower your car on GR-2s. They are stock replacement shocks and will give out as quickly as the stock. If you want KYB brand, get the AGX's.

DaltonB

The Start is near!
I wouldn't lower your car on GR-2s. They are stock replacement shocks and will give out as quickly as the stock. If you want KYB brand, get the AGX's.
It's not my favorite choice, think at any given time (when I need them) somebody will be selling their used shocks on this site for cheap?:)

DaltonB

The Start is near!
you dont need one to drop your car whether its 1.75 inches or 3.5, but you should get one anyway, since lowering the car even a small amount will probably cause your tires to camber in
(I really hope you don't take this in the wrong way) Camber is not what causes tire wear, Toe is, and having some camber improves handling to a certain extent.

(I really hope you don't take this in the wrong way) Camber is not what causes tire wear, Toe is, and having some camber improves handling to a certain extent.
Actually, excessive camber does cause tire wear. I can show you pictures of my old car that didn't have a camber kit and what it did to the tires.
Unless you're tracking the car, you don't need more camber than the factory specs.

DaltonB

The Start is near!
Actually, excessive camber does cause tire wear. I can show you pictures of my old car that didn't have a camber kit and what it did to the tires.
Unless you're tracking the car, you don't need more camber than the factory specs.
Mmk, noted! Btw my only other option besides GR-2s is to buy used shocks, and even then my maximum shock budget would be $200..

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
agx's are much better for lowering than gr2's, they may have the advantage of being adjustable, but they are still a full length damper so they're not any better than gr2s in that respect