is it worth fixing my car?

JVMV

I got a db1 for 700 from a friend which sounded like a good deal. I had it for almost a year now and I kept on running into problems. I switched the alternator twice and now the on I have now is making noises and will fail soon. I had to replace my iacv and bypass the fitv to fix the idle to smog(had to do the alternative because it didn't fix it. My outer tie rod is worn on the frnt left and needs to be changed before my wheel getswobbly. The axle on the same side is worn and clicking and vibrating when I drive. I just replaced the two front tires because they were beaten bad and were showing wire(already was when I got it but never had money cuz I'm in school). My tranny is messed up and third gear is shot and won't work. Audio system is stupid. Ct springs are making it ride shitty. Replacing em with lowerin springs soon.

It has a b18b swap but I plan on dropping a gsr motor in it and getting a new tranny. But I needa know

is it worth fixing the car?

94RS

No fucks given.
How attached to the car are you? It comes down to if you think its worth it or not.

Twriddles

is the body good? if so then doing a motor swap would be the time to fix the other problems, do you know why the alternator is going? seems like the alternator is just a symptom of the real problem, find that one and you should't have to replace the alternator anymore. outer tie rods are easy and pretty cheap, and the axle wont be to bad either. i would fix it if it were me, but again it all comes down to your personal attachment to the car and if you want to fix it or not.

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
What state do you reside in? California still has cash for clunkers program where you get $1000-1500 depending if you meet certain requirements.

Methereaper

SilentXSilhouette
If you like the car, fix it. If you don't, sell it to someone who does. Mine's a POS but i wouldn't junk it because i'm quite fond of it and i know there's people out there looking for Integras.

If the alternator is charging fine but making noise, they sell rebuild kits on ebay. Comes with brushes AND the bearings, i believe. Don't have money for a new one, so that's the route i'm going.

If the body's great and you plan on swapping the engine anyways, i'd keep it. You'd have yourself a fun and reliable ride if you do it right.

Last edited:

Volklord

Non V-Tec B18b1
Just needs TLC, if you feel like doing all the work then keep it. if you lost interest then sell it. some one else will fix it.

I understand how you feel, trust me Ive cursed at my car and threatened to sell her so many times just because you just get frustrated fixing shit.
but i would never sell her, she will forever be my slut no matter what my gf says lol.

Last edited: