is there high performance spark plugs?

JackJack

i hve a teggy 1998 coupe

i was wandering is there any HIGH PERFORMANCE spark plugs, that is available at an ACURA dealership?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Honda OEM is denso
if you want good plugs get ngk irridium

or spoon plugs if you want high performance. you dont need high performance on a stock or mildly built motor. you need to be pushing a shit load of power to need a high out put plug

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
i have some ngk iridiums ill sell you super cheap, i only put maybe 800 miles on them before i switched to copper plugs when i got my tune

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
got my irridiums at autozone but make sure you check the gap, they're supposed to be pre-gapped but DONT DEPEND on it. If you have a GSR it needs to be .052 lots of times they pre gap them to LS motor spec

JackJack

cant i just ask for the proper gap size etc.?

-what is the proper size for a b18b1 (ls) motor?

solracer

I got the Iridium IX from AutoZone for ~$7/each; the platinum ones were almost twice that. I also found that the "pre-gapped" plugs had the incorrect gap size.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
They're only "performance" as far as how long they last. The purpose of Iridiums is to save the dealership money while your new car is under warranty. They never have to change them. But for people like us who change our plugs ourselves, they're a complete waste of money.

The gap has the most impact on performance, and you don't alter that from spec unless you've changed the compression or boosted the motor.

Really the only thing a spark plug can do is have a small ground strap that doesn't get in the way of the fuel mixture. You want the mixture as close to the spark as possible. That's why I laugh at those Bosch plugs that have multiple straps. First of all, electricity will only go to the strap with the least resistance. So basically, as I said earlier, the only performance here is longevity. But this slightly hurts your actual engine performance.

Greddy FLIP

Turbos cause DETONATION
im in need of some too, i was leaning towards the laser platinum spark plugs from ngk. are they better then the iridiums ngk?