Is this a good Car Alarm Siren?

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
So the siren on my alarm went out and replacements look to be pretty cheap. Found this one and from the specs, it looks like its good. Does anyone have any experience with it? Should I get it or not. Thanks for the help! -Aaron

Audiovox AS-9903

gooffeeman

its an ok replacement.....but if your gonna be putting an alarm in our car research a piezo siren and place it inside your car!!!! its not loud but it will emit high pounding noise that really hurts your ears!!! so therefore who ever is trying to steal your car/radio or anything while they are inside your car would go def/ or just stop completely cuz it hurts!!!

Jay417

Beast From The East
its an ok replacement.....but if your gonna be putting an alarm in our car research a piezo siren and place it inside your car!!!! its not loud but it will emit high pounding noise that really hurts your ears!!! so therefore who ever is trying to steal your car/radio or anything while they are inside your car would go def/ or just stop completely cuz it hurts!!!
Thanks for the idea. Lol but If anything I would put 1 inside and 1 outside cause what if some 1 is trying to steal the wheels if the siren is inside u wount hear it.

gooffeeman

ohh yea thats what i meant..one inside and out...but im just saying that the audiobox would be an ok replacement for an existing alarm system... lol but definatly look into that!!!

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
That one is fine but why not get the DEI siren? It's better and probably cheaper. Louder isn't better. Louder is annoying. Louder is a ticket and possible impound for violating the noise ordinance.

If you install two sirens, use an inline fuse holder for each right where you branch the siren power wire into two. Use 7.5A fuses or lower. The reason for this is because scumbag thieves have a neat little trick where they cut your siren's wires and join them together. This shorts out the brain and will silence all sirens. If you have them fused, it will blow the fuse on the shorted siren and the other will be isolated allowing it to continue to blare.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
This one is $12 shipped. And I just need to replace the one I already have so its just a matter of cutting the old one out and soldering the new one in.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Ive had this alarm for a while now and would recommend to anyone looking for a replacement, it works great! Nice and Loud.