Is this a good Integra gsr?

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
When are you going to check out the car?
Next weekend i am going to look at it. My family is coming as well so i dont get my money cheated out of but im almost postive this is legit.

If i purchase the car ill be sure to post more pics of it on here for you guys to help me get into the whole car scene....

I rarely know anything about cars so i will need some people to give me pointers along the way.

R13

The other asshole
Why is high mileage a problem like what will happen if they get too high?
My gsr has 230,xxx and I just rebuilt the head and it runs beautifully, Only reason I had to rebuild the head was because PO was a ricer and spliced nitrous into the fuel line burning out and bending 2 of my valves, So if the owners have taken care of it and not ragged on it she will be fine, Trust me, Just keep one eye open, Drive the car, Feel the car, Every time something messes up on mine I know it within a couple seconds of driving it.

If you do buy it and missed something that tears up don't sweat it, Relax and when you wake up the next day your brain will have worked up a good plan and go from there.

Brett1414

My gsr has 230,xxx and I just rebuilt the head and it runs beautifully, Only reason I had to rebuild the head was because PO was a ricer and spliced nitrous into the fuel line burning out and bending 2 of my valves, So if the owners have taken care of it and not ragged on it she will be fine, Trust me, Just keep one eye open, Drive the car, Feel the car, Every time something messes up on mine I know it within a couple seconds of driving it.

If you do buy it and missed something that tears up don't sweat it, Relax and when you wake up the next day your brain will have worked up a good plan and go from there.
Two quick questions whats a tune up and whats a rebuild?

96LSteg

Jemel
Two quick questions whats a tune up and whats a rebuild?
tune up consists of the following:

changing all fluids
spark plugs and wires
distributor cap and rotor
timing belt
oil pump
water pump
oil change
valve lash adjustment
seals (cam seal, valve cover seal etc...)

a rebuild (of the head) consists of:

changing valve seals
cleaning valves
replacing valve guides
timing belt/water pump
resurface
new intake/exhaust gaskets
head gasket

im sure im missing stuff...

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
A rebuild is what it sounds like haha, Tearing the engine down, Replacing/upgrading internal parts and putting it back together.

A tune up is general stuff such as: Replacing spark plugs & wires, Distributer cap/rotor button, Fuel filter, Timing belt, Fluid changes (Fresh oil/new filter & coolant flush) etc.

R13

The other asshole
The f***? Your post didn't show up for like 5 minutes after mine. :lol:

Peeples

1) High mileage is how much the car has been used. More use = More wear and tear; however, if the car was not beat up on (drove hard/aggressively) then the car should not be in bad condition but may need a tune up (like stated above)

2) If I could have gotten a deal like this I would have jumped on it quick!

3) Did you get the car?

Brett1414

1) High mileage is how much the car has been used. More use = More wear and tear; however, if the car was not beat up on (drove hard/aggressively) then the car should not be in bad condition but may need a tune up (like stated above)

2) If I could have gotten a deal like this I would have jumped on it quick!

3) Did you get the car?
No.....someone bought it for 2800 instead last night.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Yea man, when buying cars, you can't schedule an appointment for a week later because during that time, people will jump on it. If you're really interested, go check it out asap.

Sent from my phone

Brett1414

Yea man, when buying cars, you can't schedule an appointment for a week later because during that time, people will jump on it. If you're really interested, go check it out asap.

Sent from my phone
Should i just start with an ls and learn about cars more and then for my next car get a gsr or should i just go straight to gsr and wait for an opportunity.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Both cars are good to start with, but the gsr will require more money (Higher insurance I think, and it requires premium gas). Either car is good, so whichever one you find clean and unmolested first, you should definatley get it.

Sent from my phone