Is this an OEM bumper?

SamJLee

Hey my friend jus got a integra, but the front looks different. I found this picture, in the members ride section, with the same front, but is this the stock front bumper?

Attachments

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Here's a 94-97 OEM bumper:

The headlights are smaller and not at as much of an angle, Honda changed that in '98 to help avoid snow collecting in front of the headlights. And then there's the piece cutting across the hole in the front bumper. The 94-97 bumper is also a little "stubbier", it doesn't stick out quite as far as the 98-01's do.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
TegSox said:
Here's a 94-97 OEM bumper:

The headlights are smaller and not at as much of an angle, Honda changed that in '98 to help avoid snow collecting in front of the headlights. And then there's the piece cutting across the hole in the front bumper. The 94-97 bumper is also a little "stubbier", it doesn't stick out quite as far as the 98-01's do.
Only you would know that 8)

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
actually my friend who got a 94 gsr back in 2000 also told me about the snow problem on em it apparently was one of the common things people bitched about

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
i would like to see two pics of OEM bumpers side by side or something like that (or one on top of another to compare) of the 94-97 and one of the 98-01 bumpers (front and rear would be nice) i know they are different i have just never been able to compare them before to pick apart the differences. the lighter the color the better, black is hard to pic apart the curves and whatnot due to the darkness of the color (shadows aren't visible)
if anyone could do that, that would be sweet.

dachshund

hondagod_666 said:
i would like to see two pics of OEM bumpers side by side or something like that (or one on top of another to compare) of the 94-97 and one of the 98-01 bumpers (front and rear would be nice) i know they are different i have just never been able to compare them before to pick apart the differences. the lighter the color the better, black is hard to pic apart the curves and whatnot due to the darkness of the color (shadows aren't visible)
if anyone could do that, that would be sweet.

:google:

NOFX

hater
Some better comparisions of the '94-'97 front compared to the '98-'01 front. I tried to find lighter photos so you can see the differences. :) If someone can figure out to resize them to be the same, that'd be great. I only have MS Paint though. :(

1994-1997

1998-2001

Darrell

NOFX said:
Some better comparisions of the '94-'97 front compared to the '98-'01 front. I tried to find lighter photos so you can see the differences. :) If someone can figure out to resize them to be the same, that'd be great. I only have MS Paint though. :(

1994-1997

1998-2001
Holy crap it's Amelia :p

NOFX

hater
I post on here on occasion. :p

Watch out though... I'll share my info... but I'm a cancer on car forums. Right? :roll: