Is this normal?

MattLaBonte

Just curious since I never noticed it before. When driving my car my car sometimes will heat up to about a 3/4 and then I assume the fans kick in causing it to go back down to about half or a little before half. This especially happens when the AC is on. Is this most likely caused by the 95 degree weather I've been having? I already replaced the thermo and burped the coolant system so I as just checking. Thanks!

MattLaBonte

Yeah thats what i thought too Coy, thats where mine usually sits but itll shoot up to about a little before 3/4 and then itll jump right back down to the little before half.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ohhh.. hmm.. leak in your radiator?? maybe theres something clogging the system

MattLaBonte

Well I know my fans are kicking in though. I've checked them and they kick in when the car starts to get above half. And then once the fans kick in it goes back to the normal temp a little below half to half.

j13

Keep It Clean
Those temps aren't normal...mine always stays a little under the middle mark. And stays there all the time

j13

Keep It Clean
I believe, if the needle goes to the "H" it has a problem with the cooling system.

Are your fans working properly?

Fill your coolent Resivor to the "full" mark

MattLaBonte

Oh its not going to the H mark at all man, not even close to touching it. Its a little before the 3/4 mark if you were to split it up. And yeah the fans are working great.

XxCaryxX

Could it be the timing on the fans themselves? (Possibly a sign of the switch starting to get faulty). It sounds to me by your description that the fans are a little delayed when it comes to "when" they should be kicking on.

MattLaBonte

When shuold they be kicking on? They kick on a little before the 3/4 mark. Say if were on a 1/8 scale dividing up the temp gauge, it kicks on at about 5/8