Is this normal?

Afireinside

I just drove 300 miles round trip in 100+ weather with the a/c on and my temp never went above normal(1/3) on the gauge. Thermostats can be defective out of the box or maybe you bought a crappy one? Dunno but something is wrong.
Good luck

MattLaBonte

Well now I just looked in my bay and saw a spot where it looks like coolant has been dripping but I can't find the definite spot.

j13

Keep It Clean
Check your Radiator cap (Might have a bad gasket). Check all your plumming for any moisture or drips. Maybe your heater core is clogged. Or an inacurate gauge

Maybe their is debris in your Rad', a good method is too disconnect the return Rad' hose and take off your Cap and get a water hose, turn your water hose full blast and flush it with pressure.

Or maybe your coolent sensor is going bad, and sending a bad signal or your water pump might be going bad.

These are coolent problems, you have one of these :(

MattLaBonte

Is there any possibility that my upper rad hose is bad itself? Because when I replaced my thermo I noticed my upper hose dripping. I then took the clamp and tightened it but it may be dripping again. I have an obx racing upper rad hose I could put on and try.