Is this OEM taillight 90-93? CL ad

heritage36

The set that has the orange in it, which you posted in the first link, are the 92-93 headlights, and the second link, with just red and white are the 90-91 headlights. Both appear to be OEM, they just changed them for 92

heritage36

No problem man, I remember wondering the same thing a while back. It's kind of nice that they made two styles because you can pick one based on taste. I changed mine to the 90-91 myself, personal preference I guess.

Exige24

No problem man, I remember wondering the same thing a while back. It's kind of nice that they made two styles because you can pick one based on taste. I changed mine to the 90-91 myself, personal preference I guess.
Changed mine to the 91 style too, but got some aftermarket ones. Tried some used OEM ones, but they are hit and miss as far as condition is concerned. These things are crystal clear which is nice.

Only problem was that the weather stripping was really thin and let water in. Some foam 3/4 inch window weather stripping sealed that shit up very nicely though. :thumbsup

arimahmad

Changed mine to the 91 style too, but got some aftermarket ones. Tried some used OEM ones, but they are hit and miss as far as condition is concerned. These things are crystal clear which is nice.

Only problem was that the weather stripping was really thin and let water in. Some foam 3/4 inch window weather stripping sealed that shit up very nicely though. :thumbsup
I noticed that too, but just from the pics I was looking at. The aftermarket ones are so much more clean and crisp. Yours looks really good.

My current taillights fog up, so I should take it out, let it dry and the seal it up with silicone.... right?

Exige24

I noticed that too, but just from the pics I was looking at. The aftermarket ones are so much more clean and crisp. Yours looks really good.

My current taillights fog up, so I should take it out, let it dry and the seal it up with silicone.... right?
The thing with silicon is that you have to know exactly where the leak is coming from. Not only that, but if your old stripping is really old, it loses its elasticity so pulling it out, putting silicon and putting it back could actually cause different leaks when where it was sealed before shifts and the foam doesn't expand to fill the gaps. Just go to a hardware store and buy the thickest rubber foam weather stripping you can find. The kind that comes on a roll with the adhesive on back, take off all the old crap and roll out that stuff along the place where it used to be in one piece. Don't cut It until the end and make sure that cut ends up on the underside so the top is a solid piece since that is where water will usually settle if it does. No more leak problems. Works perfectly.