is this possible dx block with a ls head?

jdmgsr04

ok i know what y'all are thinking wierd i was talking to my hb the other night and he saide that his homboi has a civic dx. and they did a ls head on to it :???: and im like wtf :shock: at first i didnt beleve him and he says he saw it for him self and the dude that has the civic dx with the ls head says he hangs with civic si. now im wondering is this possible and if it is. is it reliable will engine blow i saw this is not possible single over head cam with double over head cam thats not possible someone shine some light for me thanks

Baldy201

not even close to be done my some amature. I guess if he put enough money into the motor it could work. Maybe he ment a Civic LS head. Still a SOHC. The head bolts would not line up with the holes for them on the head. So I am going to venture a big N-O on this one.

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
couldnt ever happen. an LS head would never fit on a SOHC block. you sure he didnt say LX? LX heads are the same as DX heads though. and he would never stay with an SI unless he had some internals(high CR pistons, etc..) I'm with baldy. a huge NO on this one.

Todd

token ex-mod
d series and b series heads/blocks ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE!
no way, no how, it has NEVER been done, and would be stupid and futile to attempt.........