Is This True Or Not??

yourslow

I'm buying a k20a3 the base model of the rsx. My question is can the k20a2 cams work in the k20a3 or is there a alot more work i got to do? I have the engine out of the car and i want to make sure i have this engine the best running con before i put it back into the car. If anyone have any ideas or anything right now i'm open to anything and here is a picture of it.

yourslow

its not how dirty it is its what can come out of it. it will be clean after i put it but together.

yourslow

If you want one a clean one here is one

dylan si

wannabe
not it is not true you cant just install the type-s cams and drive it. If you want to keep the a3 bottom end you are better off to get a k20a2 head, and PRB intake manifold, then k-pro, tune and youll make some nice numbers. Although the a3 bottom end is not as strong as the a2 people have revved the hell out of it daily and had no problems. What car is this in? PM me and i will show you forum you can go to to learn all about the k-series

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Swapping a k20a3? This is an example of when being different means more than being better. That's a big PITA just to put a 160hp engine in your car. No offense, but I would just spend that money on a better engine

daf

If I remember correctly, the difference between those engines is not so much the cams, as it is the ECU and the pistons. The K20a2 has 11:1 compression, as appose to the 9.8:1 the K20a3 has. This with tuning would explain some of the HP difference. Maybe not the whole 40~hp difference, but still. I wouldn't bother with K20a2 cams or even a swap (unless you plan to Frankenstein it). You have an excellent platform to build up on. Just kind of think about it as a B18b. Yeah it may not be the most powerful stock K series motor, but it is not too shabby either, and there is alot of room to move up with.
________
BODY SCIENCE

Last edited:

yourslow

yea i didn't buy the engine it came from my rsx that is reck. you got a good point there i have a b18b in the integra and race my car with someone else driveing. when we hit 110 and still going he pulled a little more than me. i will keep k20a3 but what kind of pistons, rods and cams should i put into it before putting it in

yourslow

yea i already have a turbo waiting for it actual;y a have 2 but i'm going to upgrade the turbo onthe other car. what's kpro and what's good about them. i have really done anything with a k series so i don't know?????