Is this True?...

Primoce

Frequent Blogger

If I get this Oil Sandwich Adaptor, can run both my oil feed line and return from the turbo to the adaptor?

I've heard that it can serve as an alternative to drilling the oil pan.

Also another question is...

Some of you may know of my decision to go boosted.
Basically Im getting the stuff "needed" for this "basic" upgrade
Not really looking for excesive power gains because this is my daily

My motor is a B18b n-vtec

Stuff I've got so far:
Turbo kit, which includes: T3/T4 turbo, wastegate, manifold, fmic & piping, bov, downpipe, oil feed line

Stuff to be ordered soon:
oil sandwich adaptor
tap for oil pan
walbro fuel pump
necessary gauges
A friends chipped p28 ecu

There are other things I've been told to get but not sure if i need them. Like the Wideband... Im not even sure what thats used for. (Im a turbo Noob). Ive had people tell me it will be nice to upgrade my injectors but not very necessary.

What else will I need?

patrick4588

Integra God
you need to do a lot more research before attempting to turbo your car. you ABSOLUTELY need to upgrade injectors, you will need an ecu and someone to dyno tune the car. Just having a chipped ecu doesnt mean it is setup to run for your car. No, you cant use a sandwich adapter for oil feed and return. The return line is not pressurized, therefore it needs gravity to return the oil to the pan. if you dont want to tap your oil pan, but a moroso that is already done. They can be found for 125shipped, so not a big deal. I would recommend a wideband, it watches your air/fuel ratio. If you start to go lean, you will notice it and be able to get off the throttle before you blow the motor.

hidenplanvew

So what he is saying is NO its not true.... But op you need alittle more time reading about turbo cars... YOu need an S300 or RTP... Let me guess that turbo kit is an ebay one?

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
you need to do a lot more research before attempting to turbo your car. you ABSOLUTELY need to upgrade injectors, you will need an ecu and someone to dyno tune the car. Just having a chipped ecu doesnt mean it is setup to run for your car. No, you cant use a sandwich adapter for oil feed and return. The return line is not pressurized, therefore it needs gravity to return the oil to the pan. if you dont want to tap your oil pan, but a moroso that is already done. They can be found for 125shipped, so not a big deal. I would recommend a wideband, it watches your air/fuel ratio. If you start to go lean, you will notice it and be able to get off the throttle before you blow the motor.
ok thanks. I figured the sandwich adaptor couldnt be used for that, but didnt hurt to ask. I got a shop for dyno tuning and Im leaning towards just tapping the pan and welding from the inside. They also have software that I can get from them, hondata, chrome, etc...

So what he is saying is NO its not true.... But op you need alittle more time reading about turbo cars... YOu need an S300 or RTP... Let me guess that turbo kit is an ebay one?
Now trust me guys, I didnt just wake up one day and say, "Im going to turbo my car today!". I have been doing tons of research, question asking and learning about Other turbo'd cars. And I am still learning as I go.

Yes the turbo is a ebay turbo, "for a start". I got the kit off a guy on Cg for a reasonable price --> Good for a start. For a DD, I think it should be okay until i get enough money for top of the line ish....

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
I would recommend a wideband, it watches your air/fuel ratio. If you start to go lean, you will notice it and be able to get off the throttle before you blow the motor.
So okay. What is the difference between the Wideband that cost $100+... And a Air/Fuel ratio guage that cost $50+?... are those the same?

suzuki714

the wide band is like a o2 sensor but better. you would need both the wide band senser and also the guage to read what the senser is saying...

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
the wide band is like a o2 sensor but better. you would need both the wide band senser and also the guage to read what the senser is saying...
Aaahhh!... okay so the Guage just basically connects to the "wideband" to get better readings on A/F ratio?...
But then you can also just use a Guage alone and that wont give you as accurate readings?

Aaahhh!... okay so the Guage just basically connects to the "wideband" to get better readings on A/F ratio?...
But then you can also just use a Guage alone and that wont give you as accurate readings?
Let me put it this way, a wideband reads the actual air/fuel ratio of the exhaust gas. The gauge is connected to a wideband O2 sensor that actually meters the content of the exhaust gas as it passes over it.
A narrow band basically just puts on a light show. It is connected to your stock O2 sensor by a wire tapped into the wiring harness and reads off that.
I have had 7 boosted cars and all of them had an AEM wideband in them. 5 had dataloggers as well, but that's a totally different subject. :lol:

Edit: Note: DO NOT EVER attempt to tune off a narrow band. Tune using the wideband readings only.

Last edited:

suzuki714

Let me put it this way, a wideband reads the actual air/fuel ratio of the exhaust gas. The gauge is connected to a wideband O2 sensor that actually meters the content of the exhaust gas as it passes over it.
A narrow band basically just puts on a light show. It is connected to your stock O2 sensor by a wire tapped into the wiring harness and reads off that.
I have had 7 boosted cars and all of them had an AEM wideband in them. 5 had dataloggers as well, but that's a totally different subject. :lol:

Edit: Note: DO NOT EVER attempt to tune off a narrow band. Tune using the wideband readings only.
agreed!!! u will be wasting your money and time if you do. i live near a place called wwestbend dyno and you can use thier wideband in the exaust and they also have another sensor by the intake so it one ps your car wide band but its another 80 bucks even tho you rly wouldent need a wide band then just would be thier for ishurance

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Thanks alot guys! You wont beleive how much research I've been doing lately before boosting. I've got a solid understanding on how a basic turbo setup works now and Im still furthering my knowledge on them.

Updates on the route im taking:
Upgraded fuel injectors
Stock fuel pump for now
hondata s300
Hopefully i can get my girlfriend to buy me the AEM wideband :)

and I've got the rest on lock!!
So I begin the transformation by the end of this month and get it tuned early July!

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
My Feed line just came in. and here is the Flange that fits onto the turbo. Why is the hole so tiny? Is it supposed to be like this?

mjones73

You need restriction when feeding off a high pressure oil source to reduce the pressure going into the turbo, otherwise you can blow out the seals in the turbo. Is the flange you bought supposed to have a re-stricter built in?

I'd suggest getting a Walbro 255 fuel pump and adjustable regulator while you're at it so you can dial in the fuel pressure during your tuning too.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
I would deffinately not run the drain line back there. Its supposed to run down with no restriction.