Is this True?...

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Thanks guys, Yea I figured that hole shouldnt be so small, so I will drill it out just a wee bit.

I should also be ordering my Walbro 255 in a week or two when some $$$ clears into the bank

So so far so good! I will installation by the end of the month, and will be boost tuned by mid July !!!

Definitly cannot wait! But definitly not rushing it...

rwlsvtec_03

Do not drill it out anymore than it is. I have a GT35R with a .0062 restrictor. The one that came with your ebay kit is perfect for that size.. I used to have the ebay t04e set up and worked fine. My suggestion is to not plan on boosting more than 12psi on that turbo.. Seals blew in mine on 15psi. You don't have to spend alot of money on the S300 unless you want datalogging, You can use other cheaper tuning software like Crome. Make sure the drain goes to the upper part of the oil pan so there is no restriction.

mjones73

I believe you'll want an adjustable fuel pressure regulator too, the 255 is too much for the stock one. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that too.

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Do not drill it out anymore than it is. I have a GT35R with a .0062 restrictor. The one that came with your ebay kit is perfect for that size.. I used to have the ebay t04e set up and worked fine. My suggestion is to not plan on boosting more than 12psi on that turbo.. Seals blew in mine on 15psi. You don't have to spend alot of money on the S300 unless you want datalogging, You can use other cheaper tuning software like Crome. Make sure the drain goes to the upper part of the oil pan so there is no restriction.
If i read this earlier, I probably wouldnt have drilled it. But I drilled it out just a tiny bit which shouldnt hurt. And yes sir, I will not go above 10psi on this setup. I would like to use Chrome, but I havent any one who tunes that yet?... Because I'm begining to see that the s300 exceeds my needs.

I believe you'll want an adjustable fuel pressure regulator too, the 255 is too much for the stock one. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that too.
Ive been told to get a fuel pressure regulator for that same reason before. Thanks for the reminder actually. any preference in a pretty good one? I've seen AEM ones, but I dont want to pay that much for it. I would just like one that's cheaper and works just as good

rwlsvtec_03

just buy a aem fuel pressure regulator. It fits directly in stock location. How big did you drill it? Shouldn't be any bigger than this >> o <<. Many people tune with crome and every honda tuner should know how to use it. Do not cheap out on a FPR unless you like blowing seals and having gas everywhere, Get a used AEM from club integra for sale section or even from hondamarketplace.com. Get a used one for around $40 or less.

patrick4588

Integra God
you dont need a new fuel pressure regulator. All the fuel pressure can be tuned in the ecu. I ran a stock fpr on my setup and i was making over 500whp with 1000cc injectors and a walbro 255lph. do not skimp on tuning software. The problem with crome is it needs chips. Everytime you make a change, a new chip must be burned and plugged in. It also doesnt have the capabilites of rtp or s300. Those you literally just plug in a usb cord and can datalog and make changes on the fly.

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Thanks for the input guys... So Im getting tuned with eCtune and It has pretty good features for me to manage the fuel pressure. so as I stand, I'm probably not going to get the Fuel pressure regulator just yet, but I may just install the dsm 380cc injecters (and resistor box) that I have along with the walbro 255 intank... and that should do it for me fuel wise

patrick4588

Integra God
those are some small injectors. be maxxed duty cycle by about 240hp. Get some 550 injectors so you have a little room too

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Yeah 380s are tiny, hell I've seen all motor setups with bigger injectors lol. 550s will get you to 300whp, ask me how I know :) Its never a bad thing to go big to start out with, you can always tune down. Meaning buy 1000cc injectors for the same price as the smaller ones, that way when you get tired of whatever hp you end up making, youll have room to grow without having to spend money on another set of injectors.

hidenplanvew

or 1200cc injectors... Basic what tuning softwear you use is based on what your tuner likes to use... I would atleast get some 440's from a dsm you can pick them up for 40 to 80 bucks.

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
And you know what!?!?.... I found a guy selling his dsm 450's for the low this morning before reading this post. SWEEET. I'm going to pick them up this weekend and he's going to help (or give advice) on how to wire up the resistor box. It doesnt seem that hard but it is nice to have someone who's done it before give me a hand.

450cc injectors is good enough for me. I dont want to go higher HP, (at least not any time soon) so i can stay out of trouble. lol . Probably when Im done with college and get to make this car my seasonal toy like all you ballers out there.

p.s. .... Ummm... Is there anything I should keep in mind about buying used injectors?... other than the o-rings on them?... he "says" it came off his running car

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I would have them sent to injector rehab to be flow tested and cleaned, that way you know they are going to give you a nice even flow. Gotta figure theres a lot of miles on those injectors, i'd rather have them cleaned before putting them on my car and risking one getting stuck or not opening up at all.

http://injector-rehab.com/index.htm

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Last edited: