Is this worth it?..

95TegDC4

Hey you guys, quick question.
Found a DA on clist, he said he'd take about $1000 for it, which is relatively cheap for the area.
Here is the ad:
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/3988471433.html

List of problems:

Windshield needs to be replaced due to cracks. I got a quote at $175 installed.

Needs 2 front tires, but I might have some steelies and tires laying around somewhere. If not, $30 a piece for used tires.

He said he jumped the ecu plug or whatever for the CEL and it came back as O2 sensor, which, I thought would be a noticeable change in daily driving ability, but he didn't mention anything about it acting bad.. $50 for the sensor. and depending on if I do it or not, $60 for labor. (Are the DA's O2 sensors where the 95's are?)

Typical cam seal leaks, can get PWJDM seal for about $20.

Speedometer doesn't work. He said it doesn't jump around at all, it just straight up doesn't work. Thinks the cable is broken, which is about $175 installed. I wouldn't know how to do it.

Said it needs an A/C compressor and a recharge line to get the a/c running.

All in all, what do you guys think?

95TegDC4

I would, but money is super tight right now, and my girl and I are about to get a house.
Figured I had right around a grand, and need a car as I sold my dc to pay some bills.

negru213

It sounds decent you can probably look how to fix all that stuff online too

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Make sure you check all CELs yourself

Ask to do a compression test
Inspect the timing belt
Critical engine parts etc

95TegDC4

Make sure you check all CELs yourself

Ask to do a compression test
Inspect the timing belt
Critical engine parts etc
What do I look for on the timing belt? and you can't see it with the valve cover on, can you?

Also, cananyone link me to the cel code guide to a da? 93 b18?