is this worth much?

ForceFed

...Relapsed
sounds to be an okay deal, but you have to be careful buying from ebay. my friend bought a J-Spec front end off ebay and it said it was new. but when he got it it was a POS

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
sounds alright but heres the thing IMO. the manifold and pretty much every part in that kit is a rip off part made to the "style" of big name companies. Mani= HKS style, Turbo=turbonetics style(not a REAL turbonetics is what I mean, probably made by a guy in his back yard), BOV= turboXS style, wastegate= HKS style. the I/C is also a no name brand. things you must worry about with no name brand parts; the mani can crack easily(unless you weld some supports), the turbo will probably blow its seals with 9psi or more or after so many miles, the wastegate WILL SPIKE, the I/C could leake or blow out with enough boost. you also would need to fab your own piping and a flange to put on your BOV. you also need to fab a downpipe and flange for the downpipe. this kit looks alot like the one my friend had on his LS and he ran it at 9psi and it ran fine. he ran a 14.1** at shitty elevation. so if you want to be quick not fast then this kit is good for you. if you want to be fast(yes theres a differance) then save some money, buy some good/reliable parts. this kit should be fairly reliable at 9psi max. thats what I think

01cleatus

Hey bro it looks all right but like it was said before it is a no name brand kit so if you run into any problems then the manufacturer cant fix it or be able to repair it. Also this kit comes with no intercooler piping which unfortuantely I have seen at the cheapest for like $350 bucks, also if you wanna keep your AC in the car youll have to get a new slim fan for your car to make it fit. So in all its is a good price on the kit but with the extra you will have to pay to complete the kit you can just save a little more and get or build a better kit for yourself. Plus buying anything this big I would be skeptical buying from Ebay. Just be careful and keep us posted bro.

95teg

im glad i posted on her, i changed my mind about it.. my car has 150,xxx miles on it.. if iim going to do this im gonna do it right.. "you get what you pay for". so im just gonna hold off come spring after i get it painted and get some money together and just get a REAL kit.. plus it would save on the headaches.. i like the fact that the manufactorer could help replace ne thing that goes wrong.. thanks alot boys!

kevin85193

01cleatus said:
Hey bro it looks all right but like it was said before it is a no name brand kit so if you run into any problems then the manufacturer cant fix it or be able to repair it. Also this kit comes with no intercooler piping which unfortuantely I have seen at the cheapest for like $350 bucks, also if you wanna keep your AC in the car youll have to get a new slim fan for your car to make it fit. So in all its is a good price on the kit but with the extra you will have to pay to complete the kit you can just save a little more and get or build a better kit for yourself. Plus buying anything this big I would be skeptical buying from Ebay. Just be careful and keep us posted bro.
guy on honda-tech sponser does piping for about $275shipped w/ clamps and all teh goodies

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
kevin85193 said:
It's a "good" deal if you want your motor to blow.
I dont think your motor would blow if you used a low boost setting and bought the other necessities to make this kit complete (FMU, 440's, etc..) I bet you could run 9psi on this kit and be golden. its not the kit you should worry about its your own lust for power and the shitty wastegate that this kit comes with haha.

Last edited:

kevin85193

inline4four said:
I dont think your motor would blow if you used a low boost setting and bought the other necessities to make this kit complete (FMU, 440's, etc..) I bet you could run 11psi on this kit and be golden. its not the kit you should worry about its your own lust for power and the shitty wastegate that this kit comes with haha.

None of these parts are name brands. I know you don't have to have a name brand, but you don't even know how good the welds are or anything about those parts.

You get what you pay for. I'm currently piecing together a kit. It's not going to be cheap by any means, but its going to be cheaper then buying a kit... and I can pick out exactly what I want.

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
kevin85193 said:
None of these parts are name brands. I know you don't have to have a name brand, but you don't even know how good the welds are or anything about those parts.

You get what you pay for. I'm currently piecing together a kit. It's not going to be cheap by any means, but its going to be cheaper then buying a kit... and I can pick out exactly what I want.

I completely agree dont get me wrong. look at my first post in this thread and you'll see how big a believer I am in building your own kit. but I have had experience with this brand (XSpower) the turbo blew the seals at 11psi when the B18B we had it on leaned out nd burned up. the manifold had to be reinforced so it wouldnt crack(but still did on the flange!). no matter what brand you can still run a safe level of boost. ex.: 9psi is pretty safe on any turbo part and I'm sure however shitty the welds on these parts could possibly be, they will hold 9psi. sure for $850 you can put together a T3/T4 turbo setup minus piping and fuel stuff and have much much better parts than this kit but it will take you alot longer to find the deals. for $850 if you plan on using a stock motor(internals) and boost at 9psi this is a good deal. anything more and your asking for trouble.