Isreal to attack Iran, concerned?

mendoza

I usually dont read about political stuff but this came up on my RSS reader and found it quite interesting!

The article say that if Isreal is to attack Iran, gas prices could double or even triple within a week! That would be $8-$12/gal! Or $80-$120 to fill up our tanks! That is CRAZY! I would be taking off all my interior to get as much mpg's as possible, call me cheap idc!

They were also mentioning cyber attacks, from my understanding the US has a way to shut down Isreals networks but Isreal can do the same thing. Cell towers, trains, internet, would all be down. Which would be a huge blow too!

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this?!

p.s i dont have the link to the article but im pretty shre it was on the NYT

j13

Keep It Clean
Iran has the knowledge how to build a nuke bomb, but isreal doesn't want that. Since Obama is a controlled puppet he agreed to attack Iran if they don't give up the nukes. Gas helps fund these wars. The excuses are played out and lame it's so obvious.

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Wait...I thought Israel and US were allies. Why would they use cyber attacks on each other. It doesn't make sense. I mean US has been vetoing every UN Resolution that's against Israel. US is always sticking up for Israel...even in the most unpopular situations. Anyways, back to the topic. I don't think war's gonna happen. If gas goes up to $8 a gallon...talk about the downfall of the American gov't. Will this start a revolution?

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Well Isreal already told us if they attack Iran they're not consulting us about it they're just gonna do it and the cyber attacks may be to let the U.S. know "We may be alllies but don't fuck with us" basically like a warning for the U.S. not to get in their way of this attack

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
I'm majoring in history so i try to keep up with world events. Honestly i don't think Isreal will do it. In history theres very few times when a nation has announced it's intention to attack and actually gone through with it. If you announce it then you've thrown away all element of suprise. Since Iran has probably mobilized and prepared pretty good damn defenses an attack would either go nowhere or be harder to excute then just a suprise attack. I honestly think they are just trying to deter Iran from making a nuclear weapon. But i'd be suprised if they haven't already obtained one.

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
I'm majoring in history so i try to keep up with world events. Honestly i don't think Isreal will do it. In history theres very few times when a nation has announced it's intention to attack and actually gone through with it. If you announce it then you've thrown away all element of suprise. Since Iran has probably mobilized and prepared pretty good damn defenses an attack would either go nowhere or be harder to excute then just a suprise attack. I honestly think they are just trying to deter Iran from making a nuclear weapon. But i'd be suprised if they haven't already obtained one.
Well, there's Operation Opera. June 7th, 1981...Israeli air strikes knock out Iraq's nuclear reactor that was under construction. But you see...the nuclear facility "was explicitly designed by the French engineer Yves Girard to be unsuitable for making nukes." They might do the same thing to Iran.

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
Well, there's Operation Opera. June 7th, 1981...Israeli air strikes knock out Iraq's nuclear reactor that was under construction. But you see...the nuclear facility "was explicitly designed by the French engineer Yves Girard to be unsuitable for making nukes." They might do the same thing to Iran.
Lol yes there's examples like that as well, but i meant in terms of a full-scale ground and air war.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
from my understanding the US has a way to shut down Isreals networks but Isreal can do the same thing.
You mean the US has a way to shut down Iranian networks, right?

Publicly, Israel has announced they won't tell the US when their going to attack so we can't be blamed for helping them/not stopping them. Plausible deniability for us. But privatley I think they're also doing it because they can't trust Obama, whose not a big fan of Israel in the first place, he's more pro-Palestinian. They don't want him mucking up the operation behind the scenes or go against them publicly. It's a staple of Liberal ideology to not agree with the existence of Israel, and Obama's a liberal first, last and always. There's been enough examples of his distaste for Israel up to this point to see that is true.

killaberna

If what the op is saying turns out to be true. screw it. Ill start skateboarding everywhere and start luding the stores before everything regains consciousness but it is a lil scary to think about.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Even without a war between these two, gas is expected to average around $4.25 nationally sometime in April. It's absolutley maddening how much energy the U.S. has right under its feet that we won't touch. We've done this to ourselves, self inflicted wound. Things would be even worse (marginally) without the current oil boom in North Dakota. It's happening on private land so the Feds can't stop it, thank God.

THIS is interesting.

Last edited: