ITB Project Thread

TVRbasics

TVR
Yea its not going to be a smooth ride putting it all together but like i said before, i have engineers and techs who mess with this kind of stuff all the time. One guy programmed a computer on a bone stock suzuki forenza that mapped everything out the way he wanted it and never threw any codes and bone stock it runs a mid 13 quarter mile. Im in good hands lol one of the engineers even has an EG that he swapped out and turboed the C1 making over 300 at the wheels. its not going to be easy but im prepared to take on the challenge

TVRbasics

TVR
So i did some eye ball measuring and looks like with the curved stacks design i might not have enough clearance to filter the air coming in, only solution i can think of is it cut the hood and do a subaru style scoop, probably in a backwards position so when it rains it wont suck in water. I have also seen some people raise the back of the hood up, anybody know where i can find a kit or a "how-to" on doing that?

Sk8spik098

dude i wouldnt get itb's if i were you
it kills bottom-end torque which isnt a good thing for AT's
and if its your daily driver.. then big no no
like you gotta get this shit right

i did some research on em and really man
i wouldnt get them
but its your call man

Sk8spik098

yeah i know i read the whole thread
it seemed like he didnt get the point
so i just simplified it for him

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
^lol... i mean i think he gets it, he just wants to do what he wants to do so were gonna let him

TVRbasics

TVR
Yea i know its not the best idea but im gonna do it. Like i said before i am not out to impress anybody but myself. If at some point i decide i need a 5 speed i will look into a swap but for now i can deal with swapping out a few auto trannys.

vtecin16

whats the point of doing alllll that work and spending all that money on an auto? and that body kit isnt exactly doing you any favors..

TVRbasics

TVR
please read the whole thread before you make negative comments. The body kit was already on the car and i dont care that its an auto. Its only going through basic bolt ons and a few not so bolt ons, its not a complete turbo job nor is it going to be running slicks on a drag strip any time soon. its my little project and if it comes to it i will switch out the tranny but not planning on it any time soon

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
why is the plenum curved so much?

should have made it where it dropped straight into the ports...i mean...it would have made more sense imo.

what write ups have you been reading on building your own itbs?

IntegraGstypeR

running itbs needs a good tune. good tuning will get you good power. but why dont you just use a LS IM flange and have it bored a bit. just an idea i thought of Ive never experience itbs. but good luck with your build. post pics and before and after results in power.

TVRbasics

TVR
The write ups are coming from the minds of the engineers who say its possible lol. The curved design was just the idea, kinda makes it awkward but theres more air up there then pointing it at the firewall like those ebay ones. Little more unique too. And there will be plenty of tuning and monitoring believe me, as stated previously the ITB manifold itself is basically fully adjustable, then i will need some pressure regulators, air fuel meters, and this program they use on their prototype cars that monitors all that on a laptop. I am in search of a dyno around my area, got a few leads but they are quite far from me. Do shops charge for dyno runs? If so whats the typical going rate for a run?

IntegraGstypeR

The write ups are coming from the minds of the engineers who say its possible lol. The curved design was just the idea, kinda makes it awkward but theres more air up there then pointing it at the firewall like those ebay ones. Little more unique too. And there will be plenty of tuning and monitoring believe me, as stated previously the ITB manifold itself is basically fully adjustable, then i will need some pressure regulators, air fuel meters, and this program they use on their prototype cars that monitors all that on a laptop. I am in search of a dyno around my area, got a few leads but they are quite far from me. Do shops charge for dyno runs? If so whats the typical going rate for a run?
I think shops charge different prices everywhere. but i know some shops charge $50 to $100 for a dyno tune an hour and it shouldnt be much to just dyno a car.