ITR cat-back

David.95LS

Delwarian
Ok, i just put an ITR cat back on with my high flow cat, coming from shitty exhaust from scotties and a big ol fart cannon. Anyway i have a test pipe also, should i put it back on? I have a b20, with a DC sports 4-1 header with the cat to the ITR catback. Its ok now, for sound, but i kinda want it to be a little louder. I have a b16 head, waiting on parts to do a b20vtec, and i was also wondering if the ITR cat back will do the job?

Also, i live in Delaware were i only have to put the cat back on when i go through inspection, and they are'nt to worried about it, you can usually give them a 20 to pass you.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you can make it louder by 1. putting the test pipe on the itr cat back. and 2. you can use the itr cat back if you make about 0-190whp

Joshmmc

I used to have an ITR cat back, but I swapped the axleback for an Apexi N1 replica because I wanted it to be noisier. I sold the ITR axleback, but if I had it, I'd put it back on. WIth or without a cat, it's a sexy sounding exhaust. It's a bit louder with a test pipe than a cat, but if you want it to be significantly louder, you'll probably have to swap your axleback out. The ITR muffler is designed - and successfully - works to sound modest and subtle in the low RPM's, and absolutely killer in the high range. It's not an outrageously noisy system, but it seems to flow well and sound good when you want it to, while keeping a low profile when cruising. It's nice on the highway as well because there's no drone, whereas a big ricy canister will sometimes become a drag to have to listen to when cruising at highway speed.

Last edited:

David.95LS

Delwarian
you can make it louder by 1. putting the test pipe on the itr cat back. and 2. you can use the itr cat back if you make about 0-190whp
Im going to put the test pipe back on to save the cat for going through DMV, with the way DE is going, were soon to have hardcore emissions. Also researching it people were saying that it smells bad after you put a test pipe in? i had mine in for a good 4 months and it didnt really change the smell?

I used to have an ITR cat back, but I swapped the axleback for an Apexi N1 replica because I wanted it to be noisier. I sold the ITR axleback, but if I had it, I'd put it back on. WIth or without a cat, it's a sexy sounding exhaust. It's a bit louder with a test pipe than a cat, but if you want it to be significantly louder, you'll probably have to swap your axleback out. The ITR muffler is designed - and successfully - works to sound modest and subtle in the low RPM's, and absolutely killer in the high range. It's not an outrageously noisy system, but it seems to flow well and sound good when you want it to, while keeping a low profile when cruising. It's nice on the highway as well because there's no drone, whereas a big ricy canister will sometimes become a drag to have to listen to when cruising at highway speed.
yeah now that i have it, it is growing on me. The WOT sound with the intake sounds tits and, from my butt dyno it feels like it has more mid range pull, but that could be my head. HP wise im aiming at about 180 to the wheels with a mild B20vtec build, with small upgrades to the head, and maybe ITR cams and valve springs, with B20Z pistions, but i figure if wanna go back to a fart cannon, ill get an axleback and keep the ITR muffler for shits and grins. but i do not miss that drone at all for highway driving, so maybe a mugen twin loop muffler?

Thanks for the info btw

Joshmmc

Mugen twin loop is good, but expencive. OBX and a couple other companies make replicas. Apexi WS is good too for modesty.

Last edited: