ITR : Coolant in Cylinder???

Kiss My ASS

Sup ladies n gents. As many of u know that I've did my 96 DB8 swap with a JDM ITR complete swap bout couple of weeks ago. Now I have a problem wit the swap. When I start the car, the RPM is real low, I gotta say it is below 500 and motor sputter like it wanna cut off. Motor idile rough even wen it warm up. I've check all the vacuum hose for leak and all lines are okay. After couple of days of pulling my hair of figuring wut maybe the problem. So today I've decide to pull the stock spark plug wire off and put a 8mm Hot Wire plug on. When I was pulling the spark plug off just to check and bam; my jar drop. When pulling off number 3 & 4 cylinder plug. I've notice the plug was wet, seem like coolant or water, cuz the plug dry up wen I left it out. I'm not sure if I have a blown head gasket or crack somewhere in the block for coolant or water to be in # 3 & 4 cylinder? Is this maybe the problem why my idile problem is rough and motor bogging n sputtering? Thank u guys for the input...

Paulb

user
coolant getting in the cyl. will make the car bog run rough etc. now you gotta figure out is it the head gasket, crack in the head itself or crack in the block, good luck i hope its a simple fix

Kiss My ASS

I hope it a ez fix. Don't really want to pull the head off cuz I've never done it before. This motor swapped was my first. I hope it not as bad it is but I'm gonna face the fact that it maybe be.

Paulb

user
does your oil look like a milk shake?

Kiss My ASS

Wen I pull the plug out, I didn't see no milky looking substance. But I didn't check my dip stick if it look milky. Imma check in the morning. Thank bro. I don't wanna see this ITR project to be hella expensive. The swap already cost me a arm n a leg...

Kiss My ASS

Thank Paulb for the input. I'll let u know in the morning. Currently at work...

Kiss My ASS

I've checked my dipstick and oil cap and no milky substance. Guess imma do a compression test? This sux...

Kiss My ASS

I've just check the compression on each cylinder. Here are the result: cylinder 1 - 120 lbs / 2 - 120 lbs / 3 - 115 lbs & 4 - 130 lbs. Not sure wut is the normal compression is but hopefully this is not a serious problem. Any ideas? I'm thinking it might be a blown head gasket...

Paulb

user
are you sure your not running like super rich? maybe it was gas in the cly. this is kinda hard to tell, its one of those need to see it things

Kiss My ASS

maybe gas, but not sure really. I think when I did the compression test, it is sure low from wut I heard. Isn't suppose to be like 250 lbs in each cylinder. With that number, it is like half of wut I tested. Im not sure if im running rich. Geez bro, I feel like a newbee. Dang.....

Kiss My ASS

lol. I know wut you mean bro. Imma continue to do more research and keep you updated. Appreciated all ur work and input bro. If you find anything, let me know...