ITR Rear Tower Strut Bar

MACDOG

Baller, yo
Hey guys, I was looking around on another Australian Honda forum and saw an ITR rear strut tower bar for sale, its OEM and someone said it wasn't an option on the US ITRS, so I was just wondering if you guys have seen one, and if its noticable.. driving wise. I think it looks cool, thats probably the main reason I want to buy it tbqh, its a good deal for it, cheapers than my front chassis brace.

What do you guys think? I'de post a picture of it but I'm at school, and I can't put pics up :(

But yeah, they look like the front chassis brace in the engine bay, exactly the same however the arm joins are higher so they portrude out of the interior trimming panels in the rear.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
Hey guys, I was looking around on another Australian Honda forum and saw an ITR rear strut tower bar for sale, its OEM and someone said it wasn't an option on the US ITRS, so I was just wondering if you guys have seen one, and if its noticable.. driving wise. I think it looks cool, thats probably the main reason I want to buy it tbqh, its a good deal for it, cheapers than my front chassis brace.

What do you guys think? I'de post a picture of it but I'm at school, and I can't put pics up :(

But yeah, they look like the front chassis brace in the engine bay, exactly the same however the arm joins are higher so they portrude out of the interior trimming panels in the rear.
then to you its a cosmetic upgrade, if you like it, go for it. most coupes that track (Samurai_Blue comes to mind) have a support of one sort or another back there. As far as I understand, sedans do not need those for they have an eluminum brace that runs just under the rear seats...pretty sure i've seen it lol, that being said, I can't be of much more help here.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
well its an optional part for usdm,jdm and ukdm teggy, its actually a itr front strut bar with different brackets to fit the rear shock towers, can you tell a difference? sure you could, just like going from gsr strut bar to itr... is it woth the $230 pricetag? IMO no, but I found a way to save $, theres a company in uk that makes replica rear bracket :)

But if you like it, buy it... I have the oem instructions and templates you need to cut your covers if you buy it :D

Last edited:

MACDOG

Baller, yo
Yeah, because I'm a daily driver it really has no point in being there. The only reason I would want to purchase it is because its simply cool, to be able to show your friends that you have a fancy bar in the back is pretty cool.. haha

The guy is selling it for under $100, so I thought why not? hes parting out his ITR so because its cheap, I'll buy it.. hard to pass up. Slick... about those templates and instructions.. :p