ITR sway/ASR vs LS sway/lower tie?

themiller13

The topic basically hits the main question on the head. Not a which is better thread. I'm more after the personal opinions on what people would put on their daily. You guys have been right with everything else so far so I come again for opinions.

I daily a 97 DB with a suspension over haul and this is going to be one of my last touches to it. The car is primarily daily'd but I do have plans to hit autox and HPDE events in the coming year. What I've done already feels nearly perfect on the street to move in and out of traffic, the car does exactly what it's told to do with minimal hesitation.

Suspension mods:

Koni shocks
Ground control sleeves 440f/350r
Extended top hats
Hard race top hat bushings
Neuspeed 4 point front upper strut bar
F7 LCAs
Tannabe rear upper strut bar

Soon to come:
Hard race RTA bushings
Camber kits f/r
205/50/15 s-drives

I already have the ITR bar, ASR, hard race bushings, and u-brackets sitting in my garage. I'm aware of the effects of both options, as I did the research before the ASR purchase. But I started to think practically (not just track minded) as to what's going to be better suited for my semi-spirited daily.

I understand feel and driving style play a lot into this, but I'm curious what the consensus of the community is. I don't want something that is going to try to kill me in every day scenarios. Ie lift off oversteer. Especially in wet conditions.

So do it, or no? Put yourself in my position as a semi-basic skilled driver, how would you do it? Or do you daily a similar setup to mine, that could be better or worse?

Nick_C78

You won't get lift oversteer with daily driving. Lift oversteer happens at high speeds or high g force turns where forward momentum is crucial. If you are doing that type or speeds on the street you need to chill.

Also, your set up, even with the itr sway bar installed, would still be geared towards understeer. The itr rear sway isn't that stiff either. Really you are just over thinking it. Throw on the ASR brace and the ITR bar and enjoy.

Ganyon

I havethe f7 brace and itr sway and I love it. Never thought that it would make a difference, but I immediately felt it. I say throw it on since you have it.

Nick_C78

To make you feel even better; I was dailying Koni Race shocks with ground control sleeves that have 600f/700r pound eibach springs. I also have the asr brace, with the 25mm eibach rear sway set to the middle setting, which is 120% stiffer than ITR at that setting. I had no problems, not even in the rain with Hankook RS3 tires.

XjoEnX

An LS sway bar with a lower tie will perform the same way a stock Integra does. Stick with your ITR/ASR set up.

renarudo

Huh, I learned something new today. I might check out the CI store or jhpusa for pricing on the asr brace/sway bar combo.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
If you learn what parts do and how they work you will be well informed. :mrgreen:

How is this not a which is better thread? lol Not that any more is warranted but i'll vouch for the previous post recommendations as well.

themiller13

If you learn what parts do and how they work you will be well informed. :mrgreen:

How is this not a which is better thread? lol Not that any more is warranted but i'll vouch for the previous post recommendations as well.
I've always thought personal preference followed with an explanation trumped an ambiguous question like "which is better x or y".

As for the responses: thanks a bunch. I do tend to over think these things and need to get reigned down sometimes. ASR/ITR install here I come.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Oh! I understand what you mean now, you just didnt relay that idea very well. =P You wanted more elaborate responses over simple x or y.

A better understanding of suspension is in knowing how the numbers work. After nick broke it down for me i understood how it worked very well on a general level.

Nick_C78

A better understanding of suspension is in knowing how the numbers work. After nick broke it down for me i understood how it worked very well on a general level.
I don't know man. That Nick guy has no idea what he is talking about.

Nick_C78

Oh I gave some false information about my rear sway bar previously. I said the middle setting was about 120% stiffer, but thats for the 3rd setting, my bad.

USDM ITR Bar:
Size: 22mm
Weight: 8.4lbs
Rate: 292 lbs/in

Eibach Bar:
Size: 25mm
Weight: 7lbs
Position #1 Rate 418 lbs +43%
Position #2 Rate 533 lbs + 84%
Position #3 Rate 630 lbs + 118%