ITR worthy??

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
I have a 95 rs but my question is (and its weird but) if I were to get an itr spoiler, engine- and bumper conversions would I be able to slap an itr sticker on it and call it one?

JGvtec

Don't slap a type r sticker on a car thats not a type r.

If im right a type r is basically an rs body being how light it is.

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
Ok so I can do all the type r conversions but just not call it one?

JGvtec

Its not a LEGIT type R.

You get what im saying. Vin won't say its a Type R. Do with which you please ;)

Cripton805

There's also differences in the frame, sway bar, suspension, etc...
and no.

It's like calling an LS-S a GSR when it has a swap.

mirrorimg

You can do whatever you want, but expect people to laugh when they realize it isnt a real type R. You would be making, in essence, a replica type R. Dont forget about all of the interior, hubs and wheels.

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
Naw it all makes sense and that was my opinion on it also. I thought it would be rather lame to do just wanted to see what you all thought. Is it common for people with non ITRs to get the TR wing. It was something I did consider getting

Cripton805

Naw it all makes sense and that was my opinion on it also. I thought it would be rather lame to do just wanted to see what you all thought. Is it common for people with non ITRs to get the TR wing. It was something I did consider getting
Yeah. People do it all of the time. Even with LS and GSR's.
They just don't call their cars ITR's. They call them RS, LS, GSR, etc... What the car actually is.

I'm not a fan of people putting ITR stickers on Non-ITR's though. :???:

If you do everything to that RS to make it exactly like a Type R, you'll spend more money than if you just went out an bought a legit ITR.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
No

Plus Paden is right, the Type R is much more than a different engine and some body changes. Seats, emblems, springs, struts, front brakes, rear LCA's, rear sway bar, shave side moldings, color matched sideskirts, spoiler, shift boot and knob, gauges, interior trim, transmission, hubs, OBD2 mirrors, wheels, exhaust, bumpers, front lip......etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:

fly_to_sky

i know a friend in highschool who has an integra with type r spoiler and sticker and i thought it was a type r, and funny thing is its an automatic lol ( this was way back when I didn't know which was which).

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
LMAO this is like buying Rota grids and putting on a VOLK sticker on

you're daft if you even considered buying those stickers, those are like $50 each...

firby911

I have a 95 rs but my question is (and its weird but) if I were to get an itr spoiler, engine- and bumper conversions would I be able to slap an itr sticker on it and call it one?
Do this.....then drive it off a cliff
LMAO this is like buying Rota grids and putting on a VOLK sticker on

you're daft if you even considered buying those stickers, those are like $50 each...
This is pretty funny because,today some guy tried arguiing with me over the fact that he is not a broke ass for putting sprint cpr stickers on his rotas,then tried calling my gramlights fake lololol.