It's Mom Again

Integra Mom

Long time coming update: She is a runner. Parties and Celebration happening.

Now we are starting to see some adjustments other made to make her golden, but they failed. HaHaHa.

Anyway, still have some work...minor stuffs...she sounds strong and steady....time has been our enemy on getting her on the twisties.

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
Long time coming update: She is a runner. Parties and Celebration happening.

Now we are starting to see some adjustments other made to make her golden, but they failed. HaHaHa.

Anyway, still have some work...minor stuffs...she sounds strong and steady....time has been our enemy on getting her on the twisties.
Awesome good to hear!

Integra Mom

We knew her idle wasn't right, but did take her for a ride today...have a CV or bearing to address. Transmission is tight and right...but the idle problem is throwing me a little. She is showing a P0505 code. Don't reinvent the wheel here...I have not done a forum search yet--but perhaps some of you would have said...Ah Hah and link me there.

On start, when cold idles 1200-1500rpm. Upon warm up it can go between 1-3 (Ks.) After driving awhile it will stabilize to around 2 but is still quirky jerky...just doesn't like the low rpms.

Any thoughts?

TheCrimsonStar

That code is Idle Air Control Malfunction. Could be a shorted circuit, bad ground, or the IACV itself could be bad. Hence the fluctuating idle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

whitedc4

Mine was a uncallibrated throttle body somehow it messed up

Integra Mom

I could turn this into a long story...but took carb cleaner looking for issues.

Ended up deciding to clean the throttle body...gasket disintegrated, replaced. Better but not great. Son read a forum that came down to: you just don't know how to clean it. So attempted again. Found that sweet spot.

For the ball joint or CV took into dealer (believe or not, it was a test drive, we were close, when we decided not to drive it home)...well turns out we have new brakes all around but...rust is threatening integrity of wheel assembly doesn't even touch CV or ball joints...actually shocked they quoted us $190 to fix (and when picked up, it took less labor so they discounted it)...of course they did additional diagnostics, and it has turned into a great conversation. I have to say: I am really impressed with their customer service...sure they are hoping we invest in things, but they have really demonstrated they understand this is a "project" and have even commended us on some of the repairs we have done. With me in need of buying a new personal vehicle...I think they win.

I do have some research to do on recent conversation with them and that is of the catalytic converter...so far, they are of the opinion because car sat so long with gas, perhaps we did not clean out well. Recommendation was alot of short trips, cycling with fuel cleaner. Otherwise, it could be needing a new catalytic converter or else could cause damage to engine. I will have to do more research on that one.

Last edited:

TheCrimsonStar

If the cat is bad it may either be rattling, smelling like rotten eggs through the exhaust or it should throw an engine code. Should, not will. Lol. Sometimes it won't, but that car is obd-II so it is more likely to throw one.

Integra Mom

If the cat is bad it may either be rattling, smelling like rotten eggs through the exhaust or it should throw an engine code. Should, not will. Lol. Sometimes it won't, but that car is obd-II so it is more likely to throw one.

It still smells like unburned gas or tar. As my previous thread suggests: just don't know how to clean it.

Thank you all, we are enjoying the experience...and to satisfy some, son has had many disappointments with this project. It really hurts his feelings it is not in our driveway at moment. But that in itself is a good lesson.