Jared Si

osiris19

Changed the oil today and picked up spark plugs and two wheel bearings. Nothing but OEM for this car.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Why not? Legit question. I know plenty of people who daily their track cars and have no issues with it.
Roll bar, spherical bearings, bucket seats, 6 point harnesses are annoying for daily driving. Plus if you are serious about tracking all unnecessary items have to go. carpet, panneling, hvac. etc. I know plenty of people who retain everything and their cars have nicer stuff than mine, but there is a visible difference in speed because of weight.

osiris19

Roll bar, spherical bearings, bucket seats, 6 point harnesses are annoying for daily driving. Plus if you are serious about tracking all unnecessary items have to go. carpet, panneling, hvac. etc. I know plenty of people who retain everything and their cars have nicer stuff than mine, but there is a visible difference in speed because of weight.
I'm not really looking at being competitive right now, I'd just want to get on the track to have fun. Don't they have stock street classes or modified street classes where you dont need all that? When I get closer to paying the car off il get serious about tracking and maybe buy a daily.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
open track days dont have 'classes' auto cross does. If you do auto x, youre fine. If you do open track you should probably get a rollbar, harness, quick release steering wheel and a seat.

osiris19

Ahh, alright. Well thanks for the info man! Like I said this is gonna be a long build so I'll get out there eventually.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
those safety things should be put in the car before you even do track day brakes. You can flip your car even before your brakes come to temp.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Really? Strange. I bought genuine Honda oil from my local dealership. Or maybe they use mobil 1 for the cars?

Sent from my iPhone 2g