Jared's '97 Frost White Integra LS

osiris19

I bought another integra. One year newer than my current VSM integra. Anyways, so after a long and hard ownership with my integra from throwing a rod to blowing all four struts and nearly jumping out of my car every time I drive it, I found this while searching for a shell.

Its a 1997 Acura Integra LS with 169k miles, five speed, frost white. It runs great, however, it does not drive. I believe either the clutch disc and/or throwout bearing are stuck engaged, causing the car to make an unbearable metal on metal scratching/grind sound when you turn the engine on, and it will not go in gear if you press the clutch in, which is spongy at best.

The body is in decent shape, better than my old one. Couple small dents I can pop out on the fender and trunk lid, no big deal. The passenger side door currently will not open, haven't gotten the chance to figure that out yet. The interior is all there, however all of the vents are painted white and the center console is in shambles so that will be getting swapped with mine. The carpet could use a good wash. The front seat is ripped at the side.

It has keyless entry but the only button that works is the unlock button. It will not lock with the FOB. Will have to find out what kind it has and figure that out. The cam seal is leaking so will have to replace that. The mirrors are aftermarket and ugly so will have to swap mine to it. Right now that's all I can think about that's wrong with it.

All of that aside, I paid $740 for it before the tags. Just ordered a clutch and will be ordering a slave cylinder tomorrow, and possibly a master cylinder for shits and gigs next week. Hoping to get it on the road in two weeks when I come home from college for spring break.

Anyways, here's some more pics. These are all I have. It was too dark when I get it to take pictures and the whether has been shitty so I'll take more when it gets better.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
What a steal. Dirty and beaten but a steal nonetheless. Fix it and flip it and forget about Hondas. Haha.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Haha its the truth about Hondas when you buy projects.

More time doing maintenance and repairs the PO should've done.

Should spend more time enjoying it and driving it.

94RS

No fucks given.
What do you expect out of 15+ year old cars...

Ganyon

So, whats the color scheme gonna be for this bad boy? What kind of plans as far as mods go?

osiris19

What a steal. Dirty and beaten but a steal nonetheless. Fix it and flip it and forget about Hondas. Haha.
Haha, no. The only way I'll get out of Honda is when I can afford an Evo 8/9
It looks good. I kinda dig the white vents.
Meh, they're really crappy in person lol. The paint is terrible, and half of them aren't sitting in right. The colored horn buttons piss me off to no end though. Oh yeah, I forgot, the horns don't work. The relay clicks but that's it. Ill have to check to see if they're still there, if not, my hella horn is getting hooked up.
So, whats the color scheme gonna be for this bad boy? What kind of plans as far as mods go?
Honestly. not sure right now. It has a red stitched shift boot, but I liked the blue I was going for on the silver one with the gauge lights and climate lights. It matched the black and blue seats as well. I'll be on the hunt for the GSR crosshatched pattern cloth seats eventually as well. Body wise, I was thinking of doing a color similar to the Dark Violet Pearl on some of the 2000 GSRs like I've always wanted to do, but that will be a long while. I want to find a 98-01 front and rear in white so I don';t have to deal with painting those to match.

As for mods, I wanna get OEM rain visors for the windows, rear wiper delete to complete the wingless look, K&N filter with a heat block off plate, Hawk or EBC front and rear pads with blanks, Koni/GC coils, front lip, and I'd also like to order black carpeting for it. That's just what I want to start for now. Eventually I'll get it ready for the track and put money away to start doing track days.

But first and foremost when it gets running, it's getting fucking washed.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Put a dab of acetone on a rag and it should wipe the paint right off those horn buttons with little effort.

osiris19

Put a dab of acetone on a rag and it should wipe the paint right off those horn buttons with little effort.
Also duplicolor vinyl & fabric works great on carpet, It's not crusty and it doesn't seem to rub off, I dyed my carpet a little over a year ago with it and it still looks great even on the drivers side (I don't use floor mats)

http://honda-tech.com/honda-acura-28/diy-you-want-black-carpet-seats-$35-00-look-no-further-56k=n0zorz-1925743/
Thanks for the tip, but I was just gonna buy a whole new carpet. I'm not sure how dirty they are yet. Stockinteriors.com has multiple colors of precut carpets.
Sounds like a good plan. Now get to work.
Just waiting for the clutch to come and this weekend so I can go home and work on it. Currently sits in my driveway surrounded by snow.

R13

The other asshole
My window rolled itself down during a rain storm and no one told me so my s*** got ruined, Looked worse than this. :(

I just scrubbed mine with carpet shampoo, Vacuumed it out, Dried it with an electric leaf blower and sprayed it, I think it only cost me like $16, It even got a few compliments. :thumbs up

94RS

No fucks given.
I want to find a 98-01 front and rear in white so I don';t have to deal with painting those to match.
Only problem with that, 94-97's were Frost white while 98-01's were Taffeta...

This one is Frost with Taffeta bumpers. Look close enough and you can see they're different hues.