Jarhead

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I'm sitting here playing on the computer and watching baseball, and I just saw a preview for a movie called Jarhead that looks like it will be excellent! It takes place during a war in Iraq, but I'm not sure if its the 1990 war or the present one. It's out sometime in November. The lead actor is the kid from The Day After Tomorrow, Dennis Quaids' son in the movie. Jamie Foxx is in it, too (why is he everywhere nowadays?). I just really hope the movie isn't some propogandistic load of crap, loaded up with far left ideology and showing our soldiers as psychotic, out of control, trigger happy baby killers like some Oliver Stone piece of junk. But I'm really excited about checking out this movie, and I don't get excited about new movies much anymore, maybe once a year.

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Yeah, I've been seeing previews of that a lot recently. I'm not sure if I wanna check it out, but like you said, I hope its good.

Baldy201

Yea I would like to check this movie out also. Talking to one of my friends, he said that one of the actors in this movie is never in a "pro-war" movie, and looking at the previews it seems like it has a underlying theme that, like you said TegSox, portrays our soliders in a negitive way. But none the less I am excited to see it.

Baldy201

Well I got to see Jarhead tonight. I had some free tickets to see it so I took them cause I wanted to see it. All I have to say is that it is not worth 8 bucks. There are some cool scenes in it but it is anti war and really about nothing. The main character goes through boot camp, then he gets stationed at a marine base. From there they get called up to go to the first Iraq War where they wait and wait. It shows what they do to keep themselves entertained, some stuff is a little weird. The main characters girl friend leaves him and he goes almost insane. They finally start get called to fight and push the Iraqi's back and just walk through the desert. Some cool scenes are where they are in the middle of the oil fields with all the burning oil wells around them. A lot of the marines question why they are there and just want to fight. So over all it was an anti war movie that really goes no where. If you want to see it wait till it comes out on video.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
How'd you get to see it Baldy? It's not out until friday I thought. But thanks for the info on it....disappointing huh? That sucks. Guess I'll be waiting for it to show up on one of the 40 movie channels I have.

Baldy201

I was lucky enough to have some friends in high places, actually that work in the right place. It was one of those screenings that they want you to go and tell all your friends to see the movie. Yea it was kinda disapointing. Go see something else this weekend.

Easyslider01

Yea I saaw JarHead. My school got a sneek peek! I liked it. It's more about the lives of the soldiers during Desert Storm.