JDM B18c Type R runs High RPM's in 5th Gear

NinjaJDMB18c

Im in 5th gear and going 80mph and my rpms will be at 4800-5000K. I do have a 98 JDM B18c Spec Type R motor w/ LSD tranny in my 94 Integra LS 2DR. From what I've read my tranny has short gears but thats ridiculous. Its acting like their should be a 6th gear almost.

Apparently the GSR tranny is a mixture of long and short gears and can come with LSD.

Is this truly normal? Could i use my hondata s300 to tune rpms from flying through the gears so rapidly? Or is the only fix to switch to an GSR or LS tranny. Please advise. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yes you want to go into the S300 and uncheck the flying through gear option. I honestly don't know why they have that set on by default. Its fckn stupid.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yes you want to go into the S300 and uncheck the flying through gear option. I honestly don't know why they have that set on by default. Its fckn stupid.
x2 :lol:

NinjaJDMB18c

i wondered why that was checked by default too. weird right?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ssbpdc2R

4.7 final drive is your problem.... if you dont like it ill be glad to trade you a LS transmission so your MPG will be better

jbrown97ls

I can't tell if this is a troll thread. Trade my ls and you be cruising comfortably around 4000rpm.