Jdm B20B Db7 sedan Check engine light help?

DB7_Scotty_EJ8

I recently bought a 98 Db7 Sedan with a jdm B20B from HMO and the check engine light is on. The guy i bought it from said its because either usdm integra has 2 knock sensors and the jdm B20B only has 1. He said there is a way to bypass it but i can't find any writes ups to doing this and I just want to know if it can bypassed or what I have to do to get the light to go off. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

DB7_Scotty_EJ8

Honestly all he told me was that Usenet Integra motors have 2 knock sensors and that the Jdm b20b only has 1. Also he said there is a way to by pass it but he said it's nothing major to worry about but it could be by passed. To me it makes no sense because I haven't heard of it having 2 knock sensors and I can't find anything only but since I can't find anything about it so it worrys me.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Anytime there's a swap you end up having a cel show. If the motor runs fine, it's probably just a compatibility issue that needs to be sorted out, nothing I wouldn't drive it over. Easy way to figure it out is have the code read at autozone.

SoundEfx

I was just about to ask that.
What are the codes?
After you get the codes, you can then try to fix the issue.

Russell D

I have a97 integra sedan and I put my b20b in a few weeks ago. I had no code with the engine in my civic and now I'm getting a code 41, "heated oxygen sensor heater" I didnt install my downstream O2 sensor because I welded the bung on the test pipe, but my guess is you have the same code; if so, nothing to worry about.

The best thing to do though would be to have the code scanned so you know definitively what the code is.

And the previous poster is correct about the knock sensor, not only is there not 2, there aren't any knock sensors on a b20b, iirc only vtec engines have a knock sensor. And unless you are running a vtec ecu, it won't even look for a knock sensor!

Russell D

Also are you sure your engine is an obd1? Most b20's are obd2; mine is a 99, but I have the P8R head so those are all 99-01 iirc

uso_Dc

I been looking aroumd for the bypassing issue fpr my gsr. The only advice i can give you that i finally did. Was buy a knock sensor if your car is equipped. Write ups i found were not bypassing it but a cheap and seemed like more work to just make the computer think there was a knock sensor. Unless you get a chip or something. Anyway i bought the atupid knock sensor and i tell you, my car runs way hetter and vtec kicks better also.