Jdm Da9 ????

daviddarko78

I have a 1992 Acura Integra GS and a few years ago the engine went out. I went to a shop and they imported a japanese replacement motor for me and rather than installing the original 1.8 they installed a 2.0. I forget which engine they put in and from doing alittle research I think its a JDM DA9. Does that make sense? I looked at the sticker on the block directly next to the exhaust manifold but the sticker says YS1-1016955. I always thought that was a type of transmission. Can someone please help me figure out what I got under my hood. Also my engine is non-vtec and i was planning on putting a turbo in it so i can run around 280 hp.

735e32

Im MEL.
I have a 1992 Acura Integra GS and a few years ago the engine went out. I went to a shop and they imported a japanese replacement motor for me and rather than installing the original 1.8 they installed a 2.0. I forget which engine they put in and from doing alittle research I think its a JDM DA9. Does that make sense? I looked at the sticker on the block directly next to the exhaust manifold but the sticker says YS1-1016955. I always thought that was a type of transmission. Can someone please help me figure out what I got under my hood. Also my engine is non-vtec and i was planning on putting a turbo in it so i can run around 280 hp.
B20?

heritage36

Sounds like a B20. No integra every came with a stock 2.0L engine, they were all 1.6-1.8L, unless you count the RSX. You should just take a picture of it, guarantee just from your valve cover we could tell you what engine it is. Curious thing about it is that all B20 CRV engines were OBD II, and things would have had to be changed to accomodate that. The B20 prelude engines have a very different mount setup, so either one seems a little unlikely. Get a pic of that bad boy up man.

j13

Keep It Clean
Did the car seem faster when you got it back? if you didn't pay a lot, I think its a good thing lol

735e32

Im MEL.
and also, b20's are a very common swap in a DA.

racinfeend59

Sounds like a B20. No integra every came with a stock 2.0L engine, they were all 1.6-1.8L, unless you count the RSX. You should just take a picture of it, guarantee just from your valve cover we could tell you what engine it is. Curious thing about it is that all B20 CRV engines were OBD II, and things would have had to be changed to accomodate that. The B20 prelude engines have a very different mount setup, so either one seems a little unlikely. Get a pic of that bad boy up man.
are you sure about the JDM crv? my integra broke down on a road trip so I had a shop in LA do the swap. didnt have to go OBDII as far as i know

heritage36

It could be modified to OBD I, but they were relieased in 96 so everything should be OBDII in the actual CRVs they came in since that was the year it started and Japan has actually even higher emissions standards than we do.

daviddarko78

I do live in the northwest, Seattle Washington area. ANd it was MUCH faster when I got it back. I will look into it alittle more and see if its a b20. THanks for the help guys

daviddarko78

yeah my mechanic found an import japanese motor he imported that was all rebuilt. I guess the negine had around 20,000 miles then they ship them to the US to be rebuilt and put into cars over here.