JDM Half cut questions

Lo Key

So I've recently bought a half cut off a Type R that's on it's way to my house. I've been looking up people's build threads all over about RHD conversions but I still have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find the answers to.

My questions are:

-I'm going to do the RHD conversion, I should be alright if I use the JDM harness for dash/motor right? Then I can just splice into the rear harness and should be good?
-If I can use my JDM dash harness, will it be a problem hooking up the USDM door harnesses?
-If I use the JDM p73 (I think) Type R ECU, can I use my USDM GSR guages without a problem? Mainly concerned about it reading MPH instead of KPH.
-Can I use my LHD steering column? or do I HAVE to use the one that comes with the clip?

That's all I can think of for now, I'm sure I'll have more once I actually start the conversion in about a week. If anyone else has any other info or tips I should know feel free to let me know. Thanks.

DroolinBuddie

ooo keep it updated with pics please i want to see how this turns out, and i don't think you will have a problem with it.
Choosing whichever steering column shouldn't be a problem, from my experiences, the steering column comes out one way and in the same...there is no "Left" or "right" installment...So on that I'm sure ur fine with whichever...

search is ur friend here :DD, I'm sure someone already answered a few of ur questions...maybe.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
When you do the conversion you really only us the firewall, everything else is extra, and if you have the front hubs to do a rear 5 lug I heard you just us your trail arms and get 5 lug hub assembly. Then you usa mazda lug nut to center it but you need to look, it up, its just what i've seen it a long time ago, good luck

Lo Key

Unfortunately, didn't come with the 5 lug conversion. That'll come later on down the road. But keep in mind I have searched. All of the threads I've read through (including a lot where they swapped the firewalls, then called it quits and sold it) my questions weren't addressed. Most people use their USDM dash harness and just cut/extend wires, but don't say WHY they didn't use the JDM one. And I can't find the ECU questions answer anywhere, most people just end up selling their JDM ones then have their USDM ECU tuned with the base map of whatever motor they're running.

And thanks for the info you gave me, it's appreciated.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Unfortunately, didn't come with the 5 lug conversion. That'll come later on down the road. But keep in mind I have searched. All of the threads I've read through (including a lot where they swapped the firewalls, then called it quits and sold it) my questions weren't addressed. Most people use their USDM dash harness and just cut/extend wires, but don't say WHY they didn't use the JDM one. And I can't find the ECU questions answer anywhere, most people just end up selling their JDM ones then have their USDM ECU tuned with the base map of whatever motor they're running.

And thanks for the info you gave me, it's appreciated.
I think people don't us the JDM dash harness because either the car is not the same year, ie. obd1 to obd2, and another reason would be because of inspection when it comes to obd2, must need to be scanned. Best thing if your just ripping everything apart to convert, wire tuck using "Amphenol / Mil-spec connector", very functional.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2154272

XvxCaseyxvX

RHD wiring,

Could you tell me how on your RHD conversion how you wired the JDM dash harnness to the USDM rear harness

I now have a rhd, and i have the dash harness installed but on the driver side the wires are cut, are all the wires the same color and i just match them up? or is there some other way.

also on the passanger side i still have a harness running up that isnt plugged in as well any idea to what it is?