Jdm ITR ?

ewall09

This guy wants to trade me his EG Civic hatch.
He says it's a gsr swap but when he sent me pics i was confused because it had a non Gsr intake manifold.
I didn't think anything of it but when I met the guy and was looking at his car I looked at the block and it just said b18c. I can tell this guy doesn't know much about the car lol everything I ask he says idk I bought the car and it was like that.
What's got me thinking it's a Jdm Itr is the block says b18c witch is Jdm and the intake manifold is type r style and it looks oem and any other oem intake manifold besides the sir g won't fit on the gsr.
It is lowered on coilovers, I'm keeping my wheels, it's got gsr leathers, and some other shit.
I didn't get to drive it yet but I will Wednesday.
The only reason I'm looking to get rid of my Teg is because it's got 240,000k miles, trunk is rusted out, and the clutch is starting too slip.
The eg hatch is the only civic I like and if this has a Jdm Itr swap I can deal with a few small dents
Lmk if u know what this engine is because every article I have read confuses me more

Pic I took tonight.

Pics he sent me

ewall09

Oh and I forgot to mention that I asked him about milage and he showed me that it had a Jdm cluster wich would make sence for a Jdm engine.

ewall09

I'm not sure what the head says.
I just looked at it about a hour and a half ago Wich would make it 10:30 here but I will look at it Wednesday. Were at on the head should I look ?
Btw the car has a little rust on the quarter pannels but no big deal I'll do a little body work for a Jdm Itr lol

JGvtec

People can roll back clusters. I don't trust anyone elses work, Like he said above you don't know how the car is. It could crap out on you the next day you get it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the picture i posted, kiij around that area and it says p72 or pr3
and the tranny codes are s80 and y80 are integra ones

ewall09

I don't Wana seem like a asshole but I'm trying to be careful what questions to ask this guy because obviously he has no idea what he has. When he pulled in before I even seen the motor my first thought is that it sounds like those cams are aggressive. And I couldn't tell cuz it was a little dark it looked like aftermarket cam gears

nmstateofmind

confused...

I'm having the same problem here.. I found a acura integra type r... but when the guy sent me a pic of the motor the engine number said b18c...so I figured its a jdm gsr... but hes saying its JDM Type R...I'm confused.. how the hell can you tell the difeenrence between both? JDM b18c gsr? Or JDM b18c type r?.

ewall09

I'm having the same problem here.. I found a acura integra type r... but when the guy sent me a pic of the motor the engine number said b18c...so I figured its a jdm gsr... but hes saying its JDM Type R...I'm confused.. how the hell can you tell the difeenrence between both? JDM b18c gsr? Or JDM b18c type r?.
One way to tell is by the intake manifold. The sir-g has a downward I'm like the gsr and the type r looks like a normal intake manifold.
If you really wanted to tell just do a burnout and look for LSD lol