JDMSpeedWorks

konerri

This is my personal review of this shop/vendor: JDMSpeedWorks

This review only reflects my personal experience with them and should not be used as an "ends all" review as I am sure there are other people out there have had different experiences with this shop.

Side Note: JDMSpeedWorks is located in California and I live in Oklahoma.

The Product: Used Authentic Mugen DC Front Bumper from them about one month ago. Actual product below.

The Story:

Before the purchase, the communications was pretty good. We communicated thru honda-tech PM system. We would send PMs back and forth about prices and better quality pics. All the high resolution pictures looked great. All was good and normal. Then I agreed to a price and they sent me a paypal quote for purchase and I paid that as soon as they sent the quote. They confirm payment in the next couple of hours. They also said tracking numbers will be emailed once the item ships. I was super happy at this point because i just bought a rare item. :0

For the next three days; no communications. I asked for a tracking numbers and no response. I asked again and no response. So I figured no big deal, it's only been three days and that's usually normal for any business to ship.

Two weeks pass with no status updates on shipping. Now I am feeling a little worried about be scammed. Who wouldn't? So I sent another PM wanting either the tracking number or i will file a claim with paypal. Then finally I get a pm back saying that they been busy and will ship out in the next couple of days. At this point i was like "???? what kinda of customer service is this?" seems like you have to threaten them a little for results. :wtf:

The next day, my bumper was shipped.

When the bumper came in, I was pretty disappointed with bubble wrap job. Bumper cam wrapped and not in any box or protective structure of any type. I use to work in shipping for a company and this was not acceptable; there was only three layers of thin bubble wrap around a fiberglass bumper. Usually, we would wrap at least 6 layers if it wasn't going in a box. The other thing is this wasn't just another piece of "Ebay" cheap fiberglass, this was an authentic Mugen front bumper! Which I consider to be a collectable rare item. If it breaks during shipping you can not simply replace it another one on the shelf. These bumper have been discontinued from Mugen. Good thing nothing happened to the bumper during shipping or else things would of gotten much uglier from there. As you can see above the bumper is safe and sound. I just felt that there should have been more care in the packaging of this product because i feel that i lucked out and had no damage. But someone else might not be so lucky.

Product description to what showed up: The shop's pictures were exactly what i saw after unwrapping the bubble wrap. two thumbs up. :thumbs up

Shop Customer Service: two thumbs down. :slap:

So with everything put considered, I would say it was a bad experience. I value customer service before and after a sale. I put customer service and product quality at the same level of importance.

Would i buy from them again? Most likely not.

Army74D

gtavila_
I've heard a few negative reviews about them.. They're located less than 20 minutes away from me, but I've never personally bought anything from them. I know Mike, who used to work there, is a very cool guy..
How long ago did you purchase the bumper?
I've been wondering if they went out of business.. Their phones are ALWAYS "down", website was never complete, and the old shop in Salida isn't there anymore.

goofygamer

I've been wondering if they went out of business.. Their phones are ALWAYS "down", website was never complete, and the old shop in Salida isn't there anymore.
They are pretty close knit with their friends, but when it comes to strangers as customers, they aren't that great. Last year, I drove 20-30 minutes to Salidas just to grab an itr spoiler. I called them several times prior to this as they had a new container coming in and had an itr in there from japan. I asked them to save a spoiler for me and I will definitely buy it. They told me that it's first come, first serve, so I kept calling twice a week to see if the shipment came in. Because of customs, I understood that they didn't know what exact day it'll come in, but they kept giving me a date and made me anxious. When it finally arrive, I went and they grabbed a black db8 spoiler for me. I asked for a white one and they told me that they're still unloading and asked if I'm willing to wait. I said yeah and went off to the mall nearby. Came back like an hour and a half later and they told me that that's all they have. How could they not know what they ordered from japan? So I ended up getting the DB8 spoiler and asked them if it'll fit a dc2? They said yeah it will. Went back home, removed my old spoiler and tried on the itr spoiler. Found out it doesn't fit. I went back the next morning during my break from classes and returned it. So bascially, these guys wasted my gas and my time without offering anything as a sorry for out mistake. I asked them before I walked out the door if it'll fit a dc2 and they said yeah. I mean, they didn't argue and quickly gave my money back after trying to fit it on my car, but that doesn't cover the gas that I spent to pick it up or the time I've wasted. It made me pissed thinking about it. They just gave a quick sorry and didn't even acknowledge me anymore after they handed back the money. On nwp4life, they seem like great people, but I've noticed that it's only to their close friends.

They have a new and smaller shop in Salidas now. Horrible customer service, but their products seem to not be in horrible condition. Just like the OP, customer service is what makes me a happy camper at the end.

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
^Damn that sucks. I was going to buy some wheels from them a while back for my old ej1.. But they kinda gave me the run around over whether or not the wheels come with tires, and the price with or without tires, and the brand of the tires.. I ended up saying F it and chose to stick with WekSos. I mean, these guys do seem to have a good selection of "rare" parts.. But when I'm looking to buy and the part is there.. Let me buy it so I can go on with my life. Don't make sh*t complicated. I noticed also like you mentioned about NWP, and how they're service towards "strangers" as customers. Oh well.. Not gonna say they're a bad business overall. That was my only experience with them, and the rest us just word of mouth and he said she said over internet forums.
But last I heard, they've relocated to Ceres, CA.. A few minutes south of their old location in Salida.

goofygamer

If they moved to Ceres, then that's their third location. lol. I'm not doing business with them again.