JE Pistons compression

B18TEG

BLACK DA
hey guys i got a set of je high comp pistons for fre today . . . .i just dont know what the compression ratio is going to be with a gsr head on it. . the specs are as follows
bore: 3.189
stroke 3.433
rod length 5.429
comp height 1.195
piston weight 277

the item number is 179500 i looked it up at je website but its not there i have the receipt and everything from it but it doesnt specify the comp ratio of the pistons. from looking at there chart though they are like 12:1 or something of that nature

B18TEG

BLACK DA
nevermind i found the compression ratio they are 12.5:1 so what cams do you guys recommend for these

B18TEG

BLACK DA
Winki said:
idk what type of valve train do yuo have
as of now none . . i bent a valve on my ls head, so im going ls vtec. im definately getting dual valve springs, titanium retainers, buddy club thin head gasket, b16 head or a type r head i i can get the money fast enough before this guy sells it.

B18TEG

BLACK DA
PogKai said:
they are few # missing.. wich headgasket? combustion chamber cc's, deck height..
that im not all to sure about . . .but im researching as we speak

B18TEG

BLACK DA
okie dokie, i decided im going with all buddy club valve train, the je pistons, buddy club .4 mm head gasket, and a b18c1 head. intake wise im not sure as to keep the gsr manifold, or get a skunk 2 one. ofcourse port and polish the head everwhere, re surface, and hone out the manifolds (intake and exhaust). using the ls crank and gsr head will yield me approximtely 13.3:1 compression ratio.!!!! woohoo . . .. plus i can get ahold of a type r final drive and lsd quick and cheap. so i think i can get to like 230 whp or so