Jrsc, experiences/opinions?

Cripton805

I hear nothing but good things unless you planning HIGH boost.
Never heard anything bad other than more low end than high.

I would definately buy one though for DD.

Rich-PMS

I'd rather low end power. Top end power is useless on the street IMO. I'm looking for a reliable DD

A b16 with JRSC on 9psi would be quite fun IMO. Not many people go the SC route, and since I'm not looking for bragging numbers it suits me pretty well.

And for 1200 can't really beat it.

WAR 178

Premium User
<<<<wanted to go that route!!! $1200 isnt too bad either. Is that for everything needed or just the actual supercharger?

Rich-PMS

<<<<wanted to go that route!!! $1200 isnt too bad either. Is that for everything needed or just the actual supercharger?
Everything minus bet from what I've seen. And a rebuild kit is 100$

still doing my research and saving up the cash. Still trying to get my swap done!

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
they are very HP limited, how do i know? i own one lol but they make much more low end power when sized properly, unfortunately im stuck with the M45 for the time being, however i make 2psi, right off idle @ WOT, and progressively make my way up to 8psi (winter) and 7psi (summer) on the stock 3.2 pulley that came with the kit. Biggest problem I have right now is heat output, IAT temps are somewhere around 195 degrees with the temp only around 65 degrees outside.

Also, the installation is not cut and dry like the jrsc instructions made it out to be, took me about 3 weeks to work out all the kinks (mostly because i work slow), there was no mention of problems with the factory intake not working, the abs wires touching the sc pulley, difficultys with installing the PCV system (which i left unhooked) and installing some of the coolant lines.

Dont even get me started on the FMU and pressure swithc/relay shit they give you that is supposed to make it run properly. JR claimed a 55hp increase right out of the box with my kit with the parts included, and i saw somewhere around 10-15hp increase right off the bat. The FMU just dumped ridiculous amounts of fuel that was virtually uncontrollable in the low RPM's, and the pressure switch tricked the IAT sensor into retarding the timing the maximum amount the ECU will allow to prevent any possible detonation issues. If you do decide to get one, ditch all of that right off the bat, get your self a larger set of injectors, 370s or 440cc's, and a decent tuning program, ectune, neptune, hondata, whatever, even crome will suffice, and the chipping kit and emulator/ostritch. I gained ridiculous amounts of power tuning the car PROPERLY.

Rich-PMS

they are very HP limited, how do i know? i own one lol but they make much more low end power when sized properly, unfortunately im stuck with the M45 for the time being, however i make 2psi, right off idle @ WOT, and progressively make my way up to 8psi (winter) and 7psi (summer) on the stock 3.2 pulley that came with the kit. Biggest problem I have right now is heat output, IAT temps are somewhere around 195 degrees with the temp only around 65 degrees outside.

Also, the installation is not cut and dry like the jrsc instructions made it out to be, took me about 3 weeks to work out all the kinks (mostly because i work slow), there was no mention of problems with the factory intake not working, the abs wires touching the sc pulley, difficultys with installing the PCV system (which i left unhooked) and installing some of the coolant lines.

Dont even get me started on the FMU and pressure swithc/relay s*** they give you that is supposed to make it run properly. JR claimed a 55hp increase right out of the box with my kit with the parts included, and i saw somewhere around 10-15hp increase right off the bat. The FMU just dumped ridiculous amounts of fuel that was virtually uncontrollable in the low RPM's, and the pressure switch tricked the IAT sensor into retarding the timing the maximum amount the ECU will allow to prevent any possible detonation issues. If you do decide to get one, ditch all of that right off the bat, get your self a larger set of injectors, 370s or 440cc's, and a decent tuning program, ectune, neptune, hondata, whatever, even crome will suffice, and the chipping kit and emulator/ostritch. I gained ridiculous amounts of power tuning the car PROPERLY.
I was hoping youd chime in- where in NJ are you? I'm in toms river, and definately would like to meet up and take a look at your setup.

I already have a chipped ecu, so any tunner can just burn me a chip. and I'd most likely go to jeff evans to get tuned :)

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
I was hoping youd chime in- where in NJ are you? I'm in toms river, and definately would like to meet up and take a look at your setup.

I already have a chipped ecu, so any tunner can just burn me a chip. and I'd most likely go to jeff evans to get tuned :)
im located in blackwood, which is right near deptford and washington twp, weather permitting, i might take a ride out to where the old fudruckers used to be and see if any cars are meeting up there on friday, they usually meet there every friday, old cars first and then when the sun goes down, the ricers come out to play. :p i was thinking of organizing a club integra meet down there for us south jersey folks.

the issue with the chipped ecu is, with a chip you cant make on the fly adjustments, thats why im using an emulator, moates demon to be exactly, which only neptune, and ectune are compatible with. Personally if you do go this route for tuning id recommend RSTECH over anyone in south jersey for dyno tuning. Which is where i plan to go once i get the 450 bucks it cost to get it done, expensive yes, but they are the best.

Rich-PMS

Fridays I work 8a-10p and same for Saturday, so Friday nights are out ofthe question.

I'm still up in the air about getting a supercharger. Time will tell.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Fridays I work 8a-10p and same for Saturday, so Friday nights are out ofthe question.

I'm still up in the air about getting a supercharger. Time will tell.
depends on what your purpose for the car is, i bought mine because it was cheap, i got it for 950 bucks attached to a core motor and it was in perfect condition. Its limited in how much HP it can make, but i still enjoy it, with a intake/exhaust and the supercharger kit and some mild hand porting on my head i dropped a full 2 seconds off my 1/4 time, now if i could just tune it properly i could get it into the high 14's easily on just that, then i got something else up my sleeve for the next second.

Rich-PMS

I'd rather have 225hp that I can daily drive than 400hp that I can't get shit for traction

Useable power is what I'm after :)