Judge my teggy

Ls Vteg

So I bought my first Integra a couple months ago and I have really enjoyed driving it since then!
I bought it off craigslist for 4,000 and turned out the guy seemed really cool and we have continued to stay in touch.
The ad seemed legit but when I went and looked at the car I could see there was no power steering or a/c which I don't mind there was a hole in the coolant reservoir and screws missing that I've had to go in and replace but overall I was impressed. The story behind the car was it was mechanic owned and stayed in a garage for years and he was deployed so he sold the car to the guy I bought it from. And he's having a baby so that's where I come in? I guess? It sounds elaborate I know but anyways

Here's what I got:
1995 GSR with a completely rebuilt LS/Vtec I bought the car with the engine at about 1000 miles
Skunk2 adjustable suspension
GReddy catback exhaust
DC headers
Skunk2 intake manifold w/ 70mm skunk2 throttlebody
Spectre cold air intake
Mugen ECU
Tenzo quick disconnect steering wheel
Blox short throw shifter
Velisde front lip
2000 front and rear end
Type R spoiler
Skunk2 front and rear camber kit
Traction bar
Front and rear sway bars
Purple xentec HIDs
6puck ACT clutch pressure plate
8lb flywheel
New axels
15 inch Rota Grinds
Black leather seats in perfect condition

Pictures are a little out of order but there are two engine bay pictures
One when I first got it and one after I've worked on it a little

Brought her home

Inspection sticker

Fixed headlights and blinkers. New inspection. Fixed check engine light. Had to replace both O2 sensors on manifold and in front of catalytic converter. I still get a random check engine light every now and then while I'm driving but turns off as soon as I restart the car so I can't even diagnose it with a OBD2
Any questions? Comments? Advise?
I'm here to learn!!

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You bought a resprayed, multi-color gsr, with out a real vtec engine, no ac, no power-steering, for $4000! I'm not gonna judge man, welcome to the forum, and good luck with that, hope it's not your daily.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Yeah $4000 is a little too high. I'd give him no more than $3500. But it looks good man. Must be a fun quick car to drive :)

The first thing I would do regarding appearance is paint matching the spoiler, rear bumper, and the front lip. It'll make it look much cleaner.

Sended from my phone

Last edited:

zack11122

Mechanic owned. He couldn't figure out a better way to mount that coolant overflow? Still a decent car. Needs paint.

Ls Vteg

Yes I knew what I was buying. It does need some things here and there like body work and paint ect. But overall the car runs fantastically for a modded car like it is.
Criticism is welcome it was my first buy out on my own but I feel like I made a pretty good deal.
I have a question:
I have stock O2 sensors on a aftermarket intake and exhaust system.
Could that trip a check engine light while driving and then turn off after restarting the car?
That's my next issue I'm trying to address

Last edited:

Ls Vteg

Mechanic owned. He couldn't figure out a better way to mount that coolant overflow? Still a decent car. Needs paint.

The coolant reservoir I believe is in the place as the stock, but I could be wrong.
The stock reservoir cap kept breaking on me so I improvised with a cap I found lol

Also the paint overall on the car is surprisingly in good shape just chipping on the front by the headlight

Last edited:

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Keep the two tone to a minimum haha!

But why is your radiator have only one fan? I can tell the ac isn't there but a full rad with 1 fan is kinda pointless.
It also look sloppy with half the radiator under the T bar.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Lol I'm guessing that's not the stock radiator. I like the car, don't know why he went lsvtec when a b18c1 is still good but he probably had his reasons. I would have kept the rear bumper red and sprayed that little lip area black. Welcome to CI

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Ls Vteg

But why is your radiator have only one fan? I can tell the ac isn't there but a full rad with 1 fan is kinda pointless.
No a/c or p/s it was all pulled out
Getting a second fan is definitely on my list, I just need to get down to the pick and pull. And I'm not sure what you mean by it being half way under the T bar. But I know it's not stock. It hasn't given me any problems and hasn't shown any over heating so that's good. The radiator is secured by mounts I've pulled off another honda I found. You may be looking at the first engine bay pic
I posted two, there is one when I first got the car and a second one after I've been tinkering with it

I'm thinking about just upgrading the cooling system and putting a good performance radiator in

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom

Why do you need more than one fan if the temperature is fine. Having a larger radiator is always more efficient then a small one, the fan is just there for extra air when idling.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Maximum use of space is everything!

Don't need it, chuck it.

It's like trailblazing, take what you only need or it will just wear you down. If it's gonna cost you next to nothing to bring something and gain from it substantially why not?