Just bought a 91 Integra GS that has a code 9...

KiNGKAOS

So, I go look the car over n its throwin a code 9 n not runnin good at all. I check the plugs n wires. The plugs were fouled n the cyl. 1 wire was broken. I change the plugs n wires. I followed each plug wire how it was on the car(I didn't have my manual with me...) N the car still ran like sh!t... So, I drive it home with it runnin the way it was.
When I get home I check my manual for the firing order. It was completely wrong... I plug them in the right order, reset the ecu n BOOM the car runs great!!! BUT its still throwin code 9... I've reset the ecu like 5x n the code keeps comin back..

Now would runnin the car with not havin the right firing order screw up the distrubitor n all?

Thanx

ryukkid

beep beep
You might have to pick up a new distributor or if you know someone with another integra swap dizzy and reset your ecu and drive it to see if that code still on or not

Code 9 is No. 1 Cylinder Position Sensor malfunction. Check the cylinder position sensor, the wiring from the sensor to the distributor, the distributor harness clips, and the distributor itself. Most likely you will find the problem in one of those places.

KiNGKAOS

I stripped the rotor button screw.... Any ideas on how I can get it off?(No sexual responses.. ;) )

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Drill it out, use a bit that has these teeth in them to reach in and reverse drill it and be very careful. Only advice I can give you. If anyone knows the name of the bit I'm referring to, please chime in, I wanna say stud puller, but not 100% sure

KiNGKAOS

Will an automatic integra distrubitor work on my 5spd? N does it matter what model it is?

Thanx

rexpepper123

Drill it out, use a bit that has these teeth in them to reach in and reverse drill it and be very careful. Only advice I can give you. If anyone knows the name of the bit I'm referring to, please chime in, I wanna say stud puller, but not 100% sure
yeah they are called an easy out. come in different sizes they work amazing.5 bucks or so at the hardware store. you can buy a set that has a weird little handle like you use on a tap and die but dont get that kind they are to hard to use. just the one that is double ended that is for your drill.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
yeah they are called an easy out. come in different sizes they work amazing.5 bucks or so at the hardware store. you can buy a set that has a weird little handle like you use on a tap and die but dont get that kind they are to hard to use. just the one that is double ended that is for your drill.
Thank you good sir, I was rather drunk at the bar when I posted that, I started asking the bar tender and she looked puzzled ha ha, I probably was mumbling some random drunken language or something.