Just bought a 95 Integra LS auto, some issues

JeremyB

The car has a JDM B18 and has been rebuilt less than 5k miles ago. I was told it was installed professionally at a shop. It has a CEL but the car runs smooth. The CEL says O2 sensor and I looked and it's not even plugged in, and there seems to be nowhere for it to be plugged in. I'm not sure if this is because the harness is different or something. I'm very new to Honda/Acura stuff so just wanting to get some info. Also the speedo goes crazy, which I'm going to try a speed sensor first, but it looks like it's been changed recently. I was told the torque converter was aftermarket as well. Basically the speedo stays wrapped all the way around and mileage goes up crazy fast.

Thanks

Jeremy

JeremyB

It's stock manifold and down pipe (pretty sure), the O2 sensor is there, but there is nothing from the harness to plug it into as far as I can tell. I would just think it would run like crap without an O2 sensor to read the AFR, but it runs perfect

Amiguel6

Wow thats weird...if nothing make your own insert haha...f*** it

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
There are differences however, both use a primary o2 sensor. You will hvae to try and trace wires to see if its been cut out or just mislocated. Though it may seem to run perfect, it might be off only enough not to notice. At least not without comparisons to optimal. It could also be setup to run off the fuel maps without checking via sensor.

JeremyB

There are differences however, both use a primary o2 sensor. You will hvae to try and trace wires to see if its been cut out or just mislocated. Though it may seem to run perfect, it might be off only enough not to notice. At least not without comparisons to optimal. It could also be setup to run off the fuel maps without checking via sensor.
I think it may be set up to run off of fuel maps, but if that was the case I would think they would delete the O2 sensor so that it wouldn't throw a CEL, I'm going to do some more checking today though

JeremyB

any other ideas? I also replaced the speed sensor and now the speedo just stays at 0, it will blip up when you start off then goes back to 0. Does this mean the gauge cluster needs to be replaced?

OneFastGSR

It could, See if you can try a friends speedo, If you know anyone with same type cluster. Or hit up pick n pull and if it doesn't work take it back.

JeremyB

It could, See if you can try a friends speedo, If you know anyone with same type cluster. Or hit up pick n pull and if it doesn't work take it back.
Isn't really any place like that around here, I kind of live out in the middle of nowhere. The old sensor would just make the speedo act crazy and it would rack up miles super fast, the new one does almost nothing, and this is the 2nd one I have gotten since I thought the first was defective. Could this be an ECU or wiring issue? Is there multiple sensors that control the speedo? the one I got was called speed control sensor and was about $45.

Anything else on the O2 sensor? I think it might have something to do with the wiring harness. Is there any wiring diagrams I could go by?

JeremyB

Is there anywhere I can get a wiring diagram to find where to run new wires to the O2 sensor, as far as I can tell there are no wires for the O2 sensor on the harness anywhere I can find, The only plug that isn't in use only has 2 wires and the O2 is supposed to have 4 if I'm correct. thanks