just bought a beat up teg for cheap it has sum big problems, help please

humboldt_rider

street racer
well i just sold my 92 si hatchback with gsr swap,, and i had to pay sum billz and i just picked up a 92 integra ls..

so heres the deal my idel iz too high it wont pass smog,, iz there anyway i can adjust my idle ,,, my idle iz at 1600 i think and it needs to be at 1100 to pass smog,, can or should i do,, thanks for any responses

johnownsall2

Mine starts up at like 2 grand but after like 5 min its at like little less then 1 grand.. Let it warm up for a little..

humboldt_rider

street racer
nah lol i do let my car warm up it idels that high wants its warm to,, it idles at like 1600 and thats to high to pass a smog,,, iz there anyway to adjust or fix my idle so i can smog and register this bad dog lol

shocker

do a search there are other threads with your same issue, and what to do about it

humboldt_rider

street racer
i think im gunna try and replace my iacv where iz that located on my b18a1

DarkDB1

The idle air control valve is probably still good, All the times mine went out is when it begins to fluctuate.

Check your throttle cable, Make sure it's not too tight... And the idle adustment screw... Uhhh... I need to look at where it's located...

da9_16boi

i have a jdm ls b18b and it starts off idlein at 2500. i had it like that wen i took it to smog and ref and it still passed. you could try puttin 2 cat converters on. you could proly pass like that. a couple of my friends did that and worked

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
you live in humboldt ... surely you can register that bish at a friends in OR and nobody will notice?